Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 225

r772ra:

Thanks for the correction.

I have this silly habit

of writing a conditional statement

to put parentheses right away.

It's a good habit to get into. At first, it saves you the trouble of finding a lost parenthesis. If there will definitely be one line after the conditional operator, you can omit the curly braces.

beginner:

Can you tell me how to determine the price for a text marker so that it is always at the top of the chart?

We draw a vertical line at a given time and we want its name at the top.

How to the top of the chart? How far up? Where exactly at the top?

artmedia70:
There, each function returns a result that is clear at a glance. I'm not confused... It's as clear as day. Besides, what does he need? He needs to look at stories, not at code.

When I'm writing something, I'm learning how to code. If someone helps me, I always try to understand the code and not just copy it. How well do I understand it? Not all the time, but I get something out of it every time I open it. I used to be a total zero, but now I can write something simple by myself. I can already make changes in the code (put/remove filters, change display).

And I've looked at that indicator. It doesn't always work correctly.

Example.

gince:

When I'm writing something, I learn how to code with it. If someone helps me, I always try to understand the code and not just copy it. How well do I understand it? Not all the time, but I get something out of it every time I open it. I used to be a total zero, but now I can write something simple by myself. I can already make changes in the code (put/remove filters, change display).

And I've looked at that indicator. It doesn't always work correctly.

Example.

You know. To be honest, I didn't understand what exactly the article indicator must show and what exactly you want to see.

What should the criteria be? Clear criteria. One more thing: I have no interest at all in writing something for someone when I see no interest in doing so. So far, I don't see any at all. I look at the chart and see that there are seldom two contra-directional fractals, and even when they occur, I do not see any tendency for anything.

What is the point of finding such fractals?

artmedia70:
At the top of the graph - how so? How high up? Where exactly at the top?

so that it is readable, on top as much as possible, at the level of the maximum price we can see on the vertical axis

beginner:

so that it is readable, as far up as possible, at the level of the maximum price we can see on the vertical axis
WindowPriceMax() function

Integer:
WindowPriceMax() function

Thank you!

<br / translate="no">

You know. To be honest, I haven't worked out exactly what the Article indicator is supposed to show and what you want to see.

What should the criteria be? Clear criteria. One more thing: I have no interest at all in writing something for someone when I don't see any interest in it. While I don't see anything at all. I look at the chart and see that there are seldom two consecutive one-way fractals without an oppositely directed one between them and, even when they occur, I do not see any tendency towards anything.

What is the point of finding such fractals?

One of the strategies is to break a square created by fractals going two in a row in the same direction. Breaking through 100 per cent of the square created. As a filter to start the MA. There are not many deals, but on different pairs they will increase.

There are other ones I want to try out.

And the indicator should draw yellow arrows.

gince:

One strategy is to break through a square created by fractals going two in a row in the same direction. Breaking through 100 percent of the square created. As a filter to start the MA. Not many deals, but on different pairs.

There are others that I want to try out.

Double fractal on the same bar not taken into account ??? Argue if you don't mind.

And the 5th rectangle on the left misses its home position.

gince:

One of the strategies is to break through a square created by fractals going two in a row in the same direction. Breaking through 100 percent of the square created. As a filter to start the MA. There are not many deals, but on different pairs.

There are others that I want to try out.

Are you aware that the indicator will lag by two bars? In order not to make it re-draw, you need to look three bars backwards for the fractal. I.e. zero bar is still forming, the first bar should be lower than the third one and the second one should be lower than the third one - then exactly on the third bar there is an upper fractal. This is for the EA, for the indicator - search in the opposite direction, but the sense remains. Only on the zero bar we recognize that there was a fractal on the third bar. Everything else is a beautiful story.
Reason: