Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1572

AMarkov:
I meant that when you install the EA on the chart, the indicator will be visualised along with it. It is not a problem to read it from the buffer. May be a hobby of course, but I wonder if it is feasible or not...

Create an indicator from the EA and display it on the chart.

Документация по MQL5: Операции с графиками / ChartIndicatorAdd
  • www.mql5.com
ChartIndicatorAdd - Операции с графиками - Справочник MQL5 - Справочник по языку алгоритмического/автоматического трейдинга для MetaTrader 5

Mihail Matkovskij:

And Alexey, please never help me on the forum. For some reason your so-called "help" does meno good.

It all started with this.

And then Alexei starts hating.

You can follow it further, if you're interested.

More at

Alexey's answer.

And what regular function works with json format, that he wants to send me to read about it? Found myself an expert, too. All he can do is preach.

So, he holds me here for a fool, and I do not hold everyone, as you have put it, Artem!

Simple data structures can be written in a file by standard functions. Read help around StructToCharArray() and corresponding functions from this section.

Документация по MQL5: Преобразование данных / StructToCharArray
Документация по MQL5: Преобразование данных / StructToCharArray
  • www.mql5.com
StructToCharArray - Преобразование данных - Справочник MQL5 - Справочник по языку алгоритмического/автоматического трейдинга для MetaTrader 5

Artyom Trishkin:

Create an indicator from the EA and display it on the chart.

So, as I understand it, there is no simple solution to the problem?)))

And please stop trying to blame someone else for everything. If you have been sent to ask for a reference, ask for the necessary coordinates, rather than start bickering about "this is who you are".

Well, it is easier and more profitable in the end, someone saves nerves, someone time, and someone will add knowledge.

And if something does not fit, with productive communication can find a solution.

By the way - once upon a time I wrote a parser of data from some service for an indicator (or Expert Advisor - I don't remember).

I did it using standard functions without any third-party libraries.

AMarkov:
i.e. as i understand there is no simple solution to the problem ?)))

What would you do if you were in the terminal's shoes ?

the program (expert) calls the indicator rarely, i.e. not always at all, calls the iCustom - that's how you draw it ?

run the indicator more often to draw ?? then you will thank.... :-) for every recalculation....

AMarkov:
So, I guess there is no simple solution?)

It couldn't be simpler :)

Does your Expert Advisor work with an indicator? Is this indicator written in the EA? Its handle is in the EA. So, you just need to display it on the chart using

• www.mql5.com
ChartIndicatorAdd - Операции с графиками - Справочник MQL5 - Справочник по языку алгоритмического/автоматического трейдинга для MetaTrader 5

Artyom Trishkin:

Simple data structures can be written to a file using standard functions. Read help around StructToCharArray() and corresponding functions from this section.

Yes. But if new fields will be added to structures (in new versions of the file), then methods created based on standard functions (imagine that they are changed, new fields are added (read/write)) will be incompatible with the old files. But text formats and even more so formats like json are flexible and versatile (compared to regular binary files). So, there are two ways out, write your ownjson parser or find a ready-made library. Since I'm currently working on an interesting project, it's such a pleasure for me to create a parser from scratch.

Mihail Matkovskij:

Yes. But if new fields will be added to structures (in new versions of file), then methods created based on standard functions (imagine that they are changed, new fields are added (read/write)) will be incompatible with old files. But text formats and even more so formats like json are flexible and versatile (compared to regular binary files). So, there are two ways out, write your ownjson parser or find a ready-made library. Since I'm working on some interesting project at the moment, it's such a treat for me to create a parser from scratch.

Already the site engine has decided to help you :)

By inserting a link to the discussion

Библиотеки: JSON Serialization and Deserialization (native MQL)
Библиотеки: JSON Serialization and Deserialization (native MQL)
  • www.mql5.com
Статьи и техническая библиотека по автоматическому трейдингу: Библиотеки: JSON Serialization and Deserialization (native MQL)

Mihail Matkovskij:

Yes. But if new fields will be added to structures (in new versions of file), then methods created based on standard functions (imagine that they are changed, new fields are added (read/write)) will be incompatible with old files. But text formats, and even more so, formats like json are flexible and versatile (compared with regular binary files). So, there are two ways out, write your ownjson parser or find a ready-made library. Since I'm working on some interesting project at the moment, it's such a pleasure to create my own parser from scratch.

Thesqlite version I don't know is in the latest 5's or otherwise DLL. The key-value database and off you go.

the latter is preferable, especially about the song :-)

----

If only but ... there is a problem, solve it under specific conditions. Why the fantasy of "this music will last forever"? Your software is useless for anyone after tomorrow. And right now you are the only one who needs it.

Artyom Trishkin:

It couldn't be simpler :)

Does your Expert Advisor work with an indicator? Is this indicator written in the EA? Its handle is in the EA. So, you just need to display it on the chart using

This function doesn't work on 4, unfortunately.
Reason: