Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 816

Artyom Trishkin:

Read more here.

I've read it several times but can't digest it, how to apply to my case where I need to change a small component if it only reads it through the union &&. Here is an expression

if(Price1-(Price2-Price3)==20) flag=1 is the opposite symmetric if(Price1+(Price2+Price3)==20) flag=1 and it repeats the same thing and how to rewrite it through #define I have no idea.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

So write yourself a comparison function/template

if (Compare3(Tdk,Odk)==GREATER_THEN) { flag=true; do_something(); }

Unless you want to make a lot of small functions that check one expression for example for equality, subtraction, addition, inequality, multiplication, etc.

Good day!

Let's together step by step within mt4, come to a consensus on what a beginner should do to prepare quotes for testing.

Personally, I have read many articles, but some questions remain.

The first thing I propose to consider is the concept of ticks filling.

Everyone knows that the terminal/tester itself can generate/create ticks within a candle.

Question 1 When downloading the minute history from all kinds of sources (Ducascopy, Finam, Alpari, etc.) do we end up with a minute history with tick filling or not?

Question 2 If we assume that the tick filling is not there, what is the solution. Perhaps we should take the tick history and convert it to the minute one (so that the minute one will have the tick content). We may use CSV2FXT converter, but the problem is it may do harm (holes etc.) when converting. Maybe the conversion creates a minute but it does not have any fucking tick content?

Guys! What's the big deal? On three different browsers this site opens without css.
Files:

Vladimir Tkach:
Guys! What the hell is this? This site opens without css on three different browsers.

Add the site to antivirus exclusion...

Roni Iron:

The first thing I suggest we consider is the concept of tick content

Everyone knows that the terminal/tester itself can generate/create ticks within a candle.

Question 1 When downloading the minute history from all kinds of sources (Ducascopy, Finam, Alpari, etc.) do we end up with a minute history with tick filling or not?

Question 2 If we assume that the tick filling is not there, what is the solution. Perhaps we should take the tick history and convert it to the minute one (so that the minute one will have the tick content). We may use CSV2FXT converter, but the problem is it may do harm (holes etc.) when converting. Maybe the conversion creates a minute but it does not have any fucking ticks?

This is the first time I've heard of a terminal being able to generate/create ticks within a candle. As far as I know the testing of the robot in the Strategy Tester is very slow: first of all because it takes into account open and not close prices, which means there is no possibility to adjust the robot correctly; then I would certainly like to get bid and ask prices which the developers also failed to do; also I would like to see how the robot would work flexibly in wide spreads and swaps. There is only one conclusion: we should test it on the real account and a large part of the robot should be finished after testing it on the real account. As for tick filling, it is probably only in dreams. The tester itself cannot generate/create ticks within a candlestick, why would it do that?

What about the genetic algorithm for creating ticks.

And why select the "all ticks" line when testing?

And why do people chase tick data, and where do they "shove" it (if they don't convert it to minute data and want it to run as it used to during testing)?

Vladimir Tkach:
Guys! What's up with this nonsense? On three different browsers this site opens without css.

1. Check your computer antivirus (preferably two different ones) and delete all (!!!) detected stuff, even if you supposedly need it. Reboot and check again

2. make sure there are no entries in the Windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts file which you personally don't understand.

3. set naming servers not to local ISPs (they can be cheating) or bypass/frigate/fastest access services (they are always cheating), but to really trusted ones. Google, Comodo like this.

4. If you've encountered something in step 1-2, "time will heal". It will take some time for the cloud services to give content back without delay or set up.

Hello! Can you tell me how to put a horizontal line of a certain colour on the Bid price in mql4?
And how do I delete this line if necessary?

Roni Iron:

What about the genetic algorithm for creating ticks.

And why select the "all ticks" line when testing?

And why do people chase tick data, and where do they "shove" it (if they don't convert it to minute data and want it to run during testing as it used to run in fact)?

I've wondered about this question. If we convert ticks to minutes we loose ticks and it results in that there is no tick history, although it is written above that it exists in mt5. I think that under the tick history we take the information of known small timeframes, i.e. it should be selection/sorting of time period. By selection-sorting I mean a phenomenon: there is a certain period of time on H1 and you need ticks or minutes, but they are not available, the minimum is H1, then comes the run and there is a fresh data, which could be saved, then goes to M30, then another run, there is more data, for example on M5, then the data is already considered M5, then the time is not old and goes into account M1, I think that this is the so-called tick test property of tickwise operation (i.e., working with small time frame).It works on a small timeframe, but there is nothing similar to the tick fluctuations, but it seems, because the developers did not even bother to save the closing time of a candle.

We also save on dates because we have only the open time and not the close time of the old bar.

If I look at the first picture it says "the method based on all smallest timeframes") because I had some problems with the company, they requoted my positions where it's impossible and they wrote me that the tick history is not saved but is available on request, so it turns out they have it but it's not integrated in the program. That's the way it is.

Reason: