Questions from Beginners MQL4 MT4 MetaTrader 4 - page 76

Vitalie Postolache:

So, if you look closely at your trades, there's just a mismatch on those that have been carried overnight. It would be logical to count the swap as well.

All brokers hold swaps for forex every night, on Wednesday the swap is doubled.

Profit in pips is not taken into account by swap, it is just (Exit Price - Entry Price)/Point, and swap has to be added somehow, but it will not be profit in pips, but something else.

Vitaly, thanks for the reply, I will look at all deals with differences, I didn't think about it ... :)
What spread would you advise to set in the tester, so that I wouldn't cry in the real EA?

MikeZv:
Thanks for the reply, I will have a look at all trades with differences, I didn't think about that somehow... :)
And what spread would you advise to set in the tester, so that I wouldn't cry in real time?

It is better to put the maximum, if the spread is floating from 0.3 to 1.5 - then it is better to put 1.5-2. If spread is guaranteed fixed and does not widen at night or on news - then it is better to put it, and if it widens - then again, put the maximum.

But if the trading system implies tens of times the spread, its impact is not so significant.

Vitalie Postolache:

It is better to put the maximum, if the spread is floating from 0.3 to 1.5 - then it is better to put 1.5-2. If spread is guaranteed fixed and does not widen at night or on news - then it is better to put it, and if it widens - then again, put the maximum.

But if the trading system involves tens of times the spread, then its impact is not so noticeable.

I set it at 5 to have a margin.
The trading system implies following the trend ... And take profit, it seems to me, is appropriate for scalpers. :)

MikeZv:
Most likely you have a mix-up of past indicator values. If you have a new current value with index [0], the index of all past values must increase by 1 for correct comparison.

In the code the values are taken as follows:

Value[1] = current/current+6

Value[2] = current+1/current+7

Value[3] = current+2/current+8

The division is a piece of momentum formula with a window of 6 bars.

Is there an error in such an entry?

John Smith:

In the code, the values are taken as follows:

Is there any error in this entry?

If "current" = zero bar, it also depends on what price to take, apart from the opening price, which remains constant, all other prices are not yet defined and the peak found may well then turn into just a flat section, or a trough. Don't trust the zero bar, it's not a good advisor.

Can you tell me: NewLot = 2.5 * Lot; it gives out - '*' - illegal operation use 7.mq4 36 14, what is wrong with multiplication?

osipyan.harry:
Can you tell me: NewLot = 2.5 * Lot; it gives out - '*' - illegal operation use 7.mq4 36 14, what is wrong with multiplication?

See how the Lot variable is calculated and initialized?

Renat Akhtyamov:
Посмотрите как вычисляется и инициализируется переменная Lot?

Thank you, it took me a long time yesterday)

suggest a line of code

set a pending order if there is no pending order at that price

and if you can, please advise how to calculate a volume difference between pending orders

John Smith:

In the code, the values are taken as follows:

Is there any error in this entry?

Vitalie Postolache wrote to you, something I didn't think of, as it seems obvious. You can't use zero candlestick (like Low[0]) in calculations, it has only one price - Open.
Reason: