Questions from Beginners MQL4 MT4 MetaTrader 4 - page 179

Tester hangs on Optimisation build 1170.

How can it be fixed?

What did I do:

• I was installing a new mt4.
  • Run it on MQ server.
  • Cleaned folders in tester: cache and history

Alexander Fedosov:

Tester hangs on Optimization build 1170.

Was it Win10, I had a faster optimization on Win7 MT4, in Win10 sometimes the window MT4 in the optimization is inactive - as hover, then it seems to recover the process, but may be a subjective opinion, that Win10 behaves like this

otherwise everything as usual - reduce the number of optimization passes, there is no other way, there were articles or topics on the separate optimization ? - haven't read it

----------

I dont know why MT4 does not keep logging or anything else if memory used to be exhausted. I faced this problem not long ago, the default chart settings were 9999999999999999 bars and i had 2-3 open charts on M1 and 5 indicators, i had about 40 buffers in total in indicators, And there was a project in ME, I ran the Expert Advisor for a test - I got a wedge when switching charts windows in MT, the TF buttons clicked but there was no action from the terminal at all and no hang, then I put 50 000 bars in the chart settings and reloaded the terminal, everything worked without problems. But I haven't found any messages about memory shortage anywhere in the log, for 32-bit I think 3.5 GB max.

Просмотр и настройка графиков - Графики котировок, технический и фундаментальный анализ - MetaTrader 5
Просмотр и настройка графиков - Графики котировок, технический и фундаментальный анализ - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Графики в торговой платформе отображают изменение котировок финансовых инструментов во времени. Они необходимы для проведения технического анализа и работы советников. Они позволяют трейдерам наглядно следить за котировками валют и акций в режиме реального времени и моментально реагировать на любое изменение ситуации на финансовых рынках...

Igor Makanu:

Was it Win10, my MT4 on Win7 was faster optimization, in Win10 the MT4 window is sometimes inactive during the optimization - as if the process hangs, then it seems to recover, but may be a subjective opinion, that Win10 behaves this way

otherwise everything as usual - reduce the number of optimization passes, there is no other way, there were articles or topics on the separate optimization ? - Haven't read them.

No Win7x64. I got the same thing on two different instances of Windows. Apparently, it does not pull the optimization by the number of parameters above 5-6

Igor Makanu:

I also got a project, MT4 for some reason does not write in the log or anywhere else, if the memory available to it ran out, ran into this not long ago, the default chart settings were 9999999999999999 bars and there were 2-3 open charts on M1 and about 5 indicators, in total there were about 40 buffers in the indicators, And there was a project in ME, I ran the Expert Advisor for a test - I got a wedge when switching chart windows in MT, TF buttons clicked but there was no action from the terminal at all and no hang, then I set the chart settings to 50 000 bars and reloaded the terminal, everything worked without problems. But I haven't found any messages about memory shortage in the log, for 32-bit I think 3.5 Gb max.

I don't think it would have run out. It's 64 bit. Although it would be strange if the tester gobbled up 8 gigs of physical memory.

Alexander Fedosov:

No Win7x64. I've got the same thing on two different instances. Apparently, it does not pull optimization by the number of parameters higher than 5-6

It is not a critical number of parameters, but total number of passes

there is an assumption that your tester is not hovering during optimization, you need to try to write passes to a file, here is a script to check ithttps://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/315796#comment_12076891

Add it to your code and you will immediately see if the optimization is running or not.

Alexander Fedosov:

I don't think it will. Windows is 64 bit. Although, it would be strange if the tester gobbled up 8 gigs of physical memory.

MT4 is a 32-bit program, there is no way the OS can allocate more than 3.5 Gb to it

Как можно заоптимизировать комбинацию переменных при сравнении?
Как можно заоптимизировать комбинацию переменных при сравнении?
  • www.mql5.com
Есть несколько переменных. В функциях советника они сравниваются между собой, и это сравнение является условием...

Alexander Fedosov:

No Win7x64. I've got the same thing on two different instances. Apparently it doesn't pull optimization by the number of parameters above 5-6

My tester in MetaTrader 4 always hangs at the initial stage - the test starts, then the image freezes. It freezes after 10-20 seconds. If I did not press pause before the beginning of the test, the test continues after the image freezes not from a place where it was freezing but from the point the test reached during the time the process was not displayed. If you pause at the beginning of the test, you will move the graph back and forth with the mouse to indicate the hovering point - the graph stops moving with the mouse. As soon as it starts responding to the mouse again, then it's alive and can be paused and tested in peace - no more hovering.

I think it depends on the size of the story being tested.

Igor Makanu:

it is not the number of parameters that is critical, but the total number of passes

I have an assumption that your tester is not hovering during optimization, you need to try to write passes into a file, here is a script to check it https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/315796#comment_12076891

If you add it to your code, you will immediately see if the optimization is running or not.

MT4 is a 32 bit program

Why do you need to make some calculations in your code?

Artyom Trishkin:

My tester in MetaTrader 4 always hangs at the initial stage - test starts, then image freezes. It passes in 10 - 20 seconds. If I did not press pause before the beginning of the test, then after image freezing test continues not from a place where suspended, but from that place to which test has reached for that time while process was not displayed. If you pause at the beginning of the test, you will move the graph back and forth with the mouse to indicate the hovering point - the graph stops moving with the mouse. As soon as it starts responding to the mouse again, it is alive and can be paused and tested in peace - no more hiccups.

I think it depends on the size of the story being tested.

No, Artem. I have no visuals. Optimisation over the last six months.

I press Start and it starts 1/1280 ... 2/1280 ...10/1280. It's all metered.

Alexander Fedosov:

No, Artem. I have no visuals. Optimisation over the last six months.

I press Start and it starts 1/1280 ... 2/1280 ...10/1280. Everything's frozen.

So, "ouch."

Artyom Trishkin:

I think it depends on the size of the history being tested.

Yes, I am of the same opinion, but not only history and number of indicator buffers - i.e. again on memory allocation, if MT4 eats up all the memory, then it gets sluggish - apparently it starts freeing memory areas

Reason: