Questions from Beginners MQL4 MT4 MetaTrader 4 - page 134

ArturR:

I have one more question, when I run real-time debugging, Metatrader4 always runs it on CHF, does anyone know what to tweak to make it run on the pair I need?

The menu "Tools" - "Options" in Meta Editor, tab "Debug". The first two fields are responsible for online debugging settings, and the other two - in the tester (this option, however, is only available in MT5).

Good afternoon everyone.

I have just recently started to get into trading, MT4 and everything related to it.

I have encountered this problem, some of the custom indicators are not displayed on the panel at all, or are displayed in parts. Screenshot below.

That is, the program itself (MT4 Build 1090) sees indicators, but does not display them. I tried to change settings, colours, reinstall the terminal. The situation has not changed.

Can you please advise, maybe someone has faced with this, maybe I'm doing something wrong because of ignorance.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Files:
5xs1b_01.jpg  433 kb

BurbelloAndrey:

Good afternoon everyone.

I have just recently started to get into trading, MT4 and everything related to it.

I have encountered this problem, some of the custom indicators are not displayed on the panel at all, or are displayed in parts. Screenshot below.

That is, the program itself (MT4 Build 1090) sees indicators, but does not display them. I tried to change settings, colours, reinstall the terminal. The situation has not changed.

Can you please advise, maybe someone has faced with this, maybe I'm doing something wrong because of my ignorance.

Thank you in advance for the answers.

So far I can see only two possibilities:

1. Indicators that are not displayed should not do so in principle. For example, they perform some calculations the results of which are displayed in the form of alerts or rarely shown graphical objects.
  2. There is an error in indicators' code and they get creased. In this case, as soon as an indicator has been attached, one should look in the Experts tab of the Terminal window. There will be a message about the error and a line indicating the location of this error.

Ihor Herasko:

So far, only two options can be seen:

1. Indicators that are not displayed should not do so in principle. For example, they perform some calculations, the results of which are displayed in the form of alerts or rarely displayed graphical objects.
  2. There is an error in indicators' code and they get creased. In this case, as soon as an indicator has been attached, one should look in the Experts tab of the Terminal window. There will be a message about the error and a line indicating the location of this error.

The indicators should be shown on the chart. I attach a screenshot from "Experts", there seems to be no error.

I tried again to change indicator colours or styles, nothing.

Files:
0ohds_02.jpg  433 kb

BurbelloAndrey:

The indicators should be reflected on the chart. I am attaching a screenshot from "Experts", there seems to be no errors.

Tried again to change indicator colours or styles, nothing.

You have attached the Laguere RSI indicator. It is displayed. From the previous post, I understood that the problem is with the ExtremeTMALine and LaguereMA indicators.

Ihor Herasko:

You have attached a Laguere RSI indicator. It is displayed. From the previous post I understand that the problem is with the ExtremeTMALine and LaguereMA indicators.

There are several indicators not displayed there:ExtremeTMALine and none of theLaguerevariations arefully displayed.The screenshot shows the boundaries, but the indicator line itself is not visible, same picture with the other indicators.

ExtremeTMALine is not displayed at all.

P.S.: Re-crossed the screenshot, enabled "Experts" tab.

Files:
sid0l_03.jpg  503 kb

BurbelloAndrey:

There are several indicators not displayed there:ExtremeTMALine and none of theLaguerevariationsare fully displayed.The screenshot shows the boundaries, but the indicator line itself is not visible, same picture with the other indicators.

ExtremeTMALine is not displayed at all.

P.S.: Re-created screenshot, enabled "Experts" tab.

Perhaps, it is a problem with the colour settings? That is, the indicator readings blend in with the background? Try to change indicator buffer colours or background colour. Also open data window (Ctrl+D) and see what values each indicator displays.

BurbelloAndrey:

Good afternoon everyone.

Can you please advise, maybe someone has faced with this, maybe I'm doing something wrong because of ignorance.

Thank you in advance for the answers.

i think you have to compile the indicators and look at the errors, i think this is the issue.

Problem solved. I don't know what happened in the end, I just had the indicator files downloaded from another computer and it all worked.

It is strange, of course, that I downloaded myself from different sources and none of them worked, but all at once got up. Well, it is as it is.

Thanks for the help.

Good evening.

Question:

Could you please tell me how to make a line inthe EA input parameters that would display some text, but not be active. I want to separate the sections. For example, I want to have "Direct quotes" and "Reverse quotes". I have searched in the freely available code to draw, I can't find it. Thanks in advance.

So far I've got out of it this way:

extern action action = 0;

input string STRING1 = "===Dollar in denominator===";//===Direct Quotes===

extern DirectQuote instrumentD1 = 0;

extern DirectQuote instrumentD2 = 1;

input string STRING2 = "===Dollar in denominator===";//===Reverse Quotes===

extern ReverseQuote instrumentR1 = 0;

extern ReverseQuote instrumentR2 = 1;

extern double Profit = 5;

extern int Slippage = 3;

Lines 2 and 5 now look like subheadings in the Inputs tab, that's fine, but these lines are active and available for selection. How to make them visible but not active (not selectable) ???

Reason: