Signs of a REAL system - page 13

ForexTools писал(а) >>

You can start your own thread and speculate in it about consistency or non-systemicity :)

I just want to collect in one place a list of failures at which "the car won't go". No sciency, philosophy and flooding - just a list

You've raised an interesting question, but don't impose your answers to your question, moreover to use a word flood.

avtomat >> :

100% sure!

Correctness is the pliiz criterion(s) of evaluation!

And also the timing of correctness...

Sometimes they say that a day feeds a year.

Is it right?

In terms of correctness?

faa1947 >> :

I think the answer to this question is purely on the topic of this thread.

I am interested in the simplest first level: if the condition is met - the system is wrong, i.e. it is (almost) sure to lose a real deposit, no matter how nice pictures the tester draws.

ForexTools писал(а) >>

I am interested in the simplest first level: if the condition is met - the system is wrong, i.e. (almost) for sure it will lose a real deposit, no matter how beautifully the tester draws pictures.

So, what about stability?

FOXXXi >> :

I guarantee you that you will get into trouble. Martingale will show everyone, you just need time again.

Signs of a wrong system: trying to build a TS on a process that is known to be unprofitable.

The signs of a good system: building an instrument that exploits the fact that the price is random, or it does not care about randomness.

Did I mention the word martin? I categorically do not like martingale and all its derivatives...

That's not what I was talking about.

Too bad I'm not hosting such a vivid discussion, I'm very busy today :(

RomanS >> :

Did I mention the word martin? I categorically dislike martingale and all its derivatives...

That's not what I was talking about.

Too bad I can't take such a vivid discussion, I'm very busy today :(

It's not the martin you're thinking of, and it's all about the same, the essentials.

qee >> :

>>so what about sustainability?

>> Resistance to what? The vonWiner signal?

ForexTools писал(а) >>

I am interested in the simplest first level: if the condition is met, the system is wrong, i.e. it is (almost) certain to lose a real deposit, no matter how nice pictures the tester draws.

First we need to determine what we are discussing: a device that can be ridden for money or a bunch of engines to such a device. I think the correct TC is one that has the principle of systematicity and have clarified what I mean by that. This is not news to Metastock users. Among the mentioned attributes of systematicity I didn't mention the requirement of adaptivity, and this requirement practically nullifies any "overoptimization". If you think the wrong system is the requirement for testing, your right. I stated above that "fit" is an empty sounding thing that says nothing.

ForexTools >> :

I just want to collect in one place a list of faults in which "the car doesn't go".

No way!!!!

First you have to get in the car and only then understand if it's OK or not!!!

FOXXXi >> :

It's not the martin you're thinking of, and it's all about the essentials.

How do you even know what it's about?

I was actually referring to virtual trading... No martins!!!!

Reason: