MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 153

VOLDEMAR:

There is no source, why did I screenshot the folder ???

No source but terminal writes as if there is source ...

Here's the code, compile and delete the source ...

You get the same result ...

Hence the conclusion that executable can be decompiled, if even error line/column indicates as in the original

By the way, my log doesn't say anything about division by 0:

2014.01.06 19:38:46.875 Script ndn EURUSD,H1: removed
2014.01.06 19:38:46.859 Script ndn EURUSD,H1: loaded successfully

(I did it as a script, when I did it as an EA, then yes, there is an error in the log, exactly where it should be in the source code)

ALXIMIKS:

The product is sold and it produces an error due to certain but very rare reasons - and you can see immediately where the error is, you can inform the author.

Now you're getting indignant:

"I deleted it and it says..."

- Be glad it says !!!!!

I'm glad !!! ))) I'm excited only when the seller will send a message like error in line 20, symbol 30 in the mq4 file

the seller will say what a bad buyer, decompiled the code and now it does not work .....

I think if the message is exactly the same only in the absence of source code will be written eh4 and with the presence of mq4 will clarify and dispel uncertainty .....

evillive:

Hence we can conclude that the executable is decompilable, since even the error line/column is the same as in the original

By the way, my log doesn't say anything about division by 0 at all:

(I did as a script, when as an EA, then yes, there is an error in the log, exactly where in the source should be)

Possibly the terminal is pointing to a line and character of an ex4 instruction (executable file).

Build #569

#1. I have no tooltips showing at all (multiple objects one on top of the other)

#2. If I remove Expert Advisor from the chart using the knob(ExpertRemove()) and then try to manually re-attach it to the chart, it won't work. Immediately it says that ExpertRemoved...

Is there a way to find out the commission without actually opening a position (commission might vary on various factors, such as, say, ib rebates, symbol base currency etc)?

maximillion:
Is there a way to find out the commission without actually opening a position (commission might vary on various factors, such as, say, ib rebates, symbol base currency etc)?

Ask your broker. Most brokers publishing such info on web site.

On startup AccountServer() returns NULL (not connected obviously, but OnInit() gets called anyway), there should probably be a call to OnDeinit() and then OnInit() on first connect to the server (server change) so stuff can be initialized where it should be - in OnInit() instead of deferred and then initialized in OnCalculate() or OnTick() or other On*() functions after actual successful connect (which kinda makes OnInit() pointless if you need to init in OnCalculate() anyway).

evillive:

Ask your broker. Most brokers publishing such info on web site.

I'm not sure what you take me for, but *I* know what the commission is - the EA however doesn't so if you want to factor trade costs into your EA as part of money management or symbol selection (before your EA actually opens a trade - it just might be too darn expensive to trade that particular symbol with those particular settings, or stops need to be adjusted to account for commission in order to fit the risk profile), you need a separate setting where the user can specify the commission - and since it can vary significantly from symbol to symbol and client to client depending on various factors (and the client of a commercial EA might not even know some of these!), it's not a pretty or efficient way to do it. Much nicer and easier to have MarketInfo() give it to you the same as swap, margin requirements etc - you know these too and yet you don't tell a trader "hey dummy ask your broker what the swap is" or assume that margin requirements are uniform across all instruments (my broker has different margin requirements for currencies, gold, silver etc).

maximillion:

I'm not sure what you take me for, but *I* know what the commission is - the EA however doesn't so if you want to factor trade costs into your EA as part of money management or symbol selection (before your EA actually opens a trade - it just might be too darn expensive to trade that particular symbol with those particular settings), you need a separate input line where the user can specify the commission - and since it can vary significantly from symbol to symbol and client to client depending on various factors (and the client of a commercial EA might not even know some of these!), it's not a pretty or efficient way to do it. Much nicer and easier to have MarketInfo() give it to you the same as swap, margin requirements etc - you know these too and yet you don't tell a trader "hey dummy ask your broker what the swap is" or assume that leverage is uniform across all symbols (my broker has different margin requirements for currencies, gold, silver etc).

Oh, I'm so sorry but you did not specify that you were asking that question referring an EA :P

No, there's no way to know comission by MQL even if you open a position, it is only visible in terminal.

evillive:

Oh, I'm so sorry but you did not specify that you asking that question referring an EA :P

No, there's no way to know comission by MQL even if you open a position, it is only visible in terminal.

I hope you're not employed by MQ if I can tell you that OrderCommission() gives it to you... after you've opened the position...

Reason: