MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 99

Renat:

Do not run tests or updates on computers which use working copies of the terminals.

They will all update automatically as soon as at least one copy on the computer receives an update.

strange info.

I only connected one terminal to port 444. That's where I'm getting the update.

everyone else runs as usual and doesn't go anywhere to update.

Why do they all have to be updated? They're not.

Renat:
Add a printout of all parameters within the SetTLine function.

Added:

17:31:25 2013.10.11 04:00  Заказы\VRA\ex_VRA_v1_00 EURUSD,H4: open #1  buy 0.10 EURUSD at 1.35332 ok
17:31:25 2013.10.11 04:00  Заказы\VRA\ex_VRA_v1_00 EURUSD,H4: Открываем Buy
17:31:28 2013.10.11 16:00  Заказы\VRA\ex_VRA_v1_00 EURUSD,H4: Пипец нету отложки, а х1 как бы говорит ставить, вызываем функцию установки ордеров
17:31:28 2013.10.11 16:00  Заказы\VRA\ex_VRA_v1_00 EURUSD,H4: Кто звал? Чё..., ставить? Ставлю SellStop относительно бара 3, рисую линию от 1.34589 до 1.35289
17:31:28 2013.10.11 16:00  Заказы\VRA\ex_VRA_v1_00 EURUSD,H4: open #2  sell stop 0.10 EURUSD at 1.34589 ok
17:31:28 2013.10.11 16:00  Заказы\VRA\ex_VRA_v1_00 EURUSD,H4: SetTLine: cl=clrFireBrick, wnd=0, nm=Заказы\VRA\ex_VRA_v1_00_EURUSD_v_Наименьшая цена_2013.10.11 04:00, t1=2013.10.11 04:00:00, p1=1.35289, t2=2013.10.11 04:00:00, p2=1.34589, ry=false, st=3, wd=1

The parameters hit the function correctly. After receiving the parameters, output the graph immediately:

//+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
void SetTLine(color cl, int wnd, string nm,
              datetime t1, double p1, datetime t2, double p2,
              bool ry=False, int st=0, int wd=1) {
   Print("SetTLine: cl="+cl+", wnd="+wnd+", nm="+nm+", t1="+t1+", p1="+p1+", t2="+t2+", p2="+p2+
           ", ry="+ry+", st="+st+", wd="+wd);
   if (ObjectFind(nm)<0) ObjectCreate(nm, OBJ_TREND, wnd, 0,0, 0,0);
   ObjectSet(nm, OBJPROP_TIME1 , t1);
   ObjectSet(nm, OBJPROP_PRICE1, p1);
   ObjectSet(nm, OBJPROP_TIME2 , t2);
   ObjectSet(nm, OBJPROP_PRICE2, p2);
   ObjectSet(nm, OBJPROP_COLOR , cl);
   ObjectSet(nm, OBJPROP_RAY   , ry);
   ObjectSet(nm, OBJPROP_STYLE , st);
   ObjectSet(nm, OBJPROP_WIDTH , wd);
}
//+----------------------------------------------------------------------------+

sergeev:

strange info.

I've only got one terminal on port 444. I'm getting an update on it.

all the others run as usual and don't go anywhere to update.

Why do they all have to update? They don't.

When different system behaviour is observed for unknown reasons, it is better to assume a negative development.

Y.A.K._:

Due to some beta testers' unintentional updating of neighbouring terminals

you are experiencing it? not me, not anyone i know of.

What's the panic? Who's experiencing it?

sergeev:

strange info.

I've only got one terminal on port 444. That's where I'm getting the update.

all the others run as usual and don't go anywhere to update.

Why do they all have to be updated? They're not.

Renat probably meant that all terminals are updated from this directory:

"C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\WebInstall\mt4clw"

This is where the updates come in. If it's clean, it won't update.

sergeev:
Is it working for you? Not for me, not for anyone I know.

and what's the panic? Who's having it?

I've only read so far.

I tried it now.

The old EAs are not lost, they remain in the same folder, but the terminal does not see them. It either looks in the folder "appdata\and so on with a scary number" or, if I run it from "/portable", in "\MQL4\Experts\".

Next, I'll try to connect to my broker with the newly created demo on the updated terminal and see how my Expert Advisor works.

Zhunko:

Renat probably means that all terminals are updated from this directory:
"C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\WebInstall\mt4clw"
This is where updates arrive. If you clean it, it will not be updated.

If one of the upgraded terminals is connected to the internet, is it able to download updates from the server and restore user deleted folders? It is better to let users know before installing updates and ask if they want to install them now or postpone them to a later date, this is what many companies do.

sergeev:
You're seeing it? Not me, not anyone I know.

So what's the panic? Who's seeing this?

There was a post here. He plugged in the terminal for beta testing. The terminal said that updates were available. Next, he used his work terminal instead of the test terminal. So he updated his work terminal.

I always keep an eye on it. If the test terminal says it's up to date, I don't start the test one until I update it.

People have it because they are too lazy to read this thread. They do it first, then shout at MetaQuotes, and then read how to do it. It's all in three stages. That's the kind of rake.

Renat:
Did you recompile the programs with the new build?

Yes, of course, before writing here, I recompiled (on ME 880) EAs with graphical objects, removed them from the chart, applied again, reloaded the terminal, just in case... There are no graphical objects. In second terminal (554 build) everything is drawing. I hesitate to close it so it doesn't update.
Reason: