Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 327

Trader7777:

Please tell me if the functions are written correctly.

double GetLastUpperFractal(){
  for (int i = 3; i<=Bars; i++)
     if (iFractals(Symbol(),PERIOD_M5,MODE_UPPER,i) != 0) return (1); // но скорее всего вам нужен номер бара как возвращаемое значение - тогда надо return (i);
}

It is also better not to use PERIOD_M5 - rather make double GetLastUpperFractal(period){} more universal .

alexey1979621:

I have a good feeling about this. Where can I read about build 555? Can you give me the link?

Here it is - on page 9, how to do it with pictures.

Be careful - read the first 15 pages. If you are not sure about yourself do not update, because other mt4 terminals may be updated (although the developers say they have fixed it)

I have a good feeling that they have already downloaded mt4 terminal from cradle.

ALXIMIKS:

It is also better not to use PERIOD_M5 - rather make it universal double GetLastUpperFractal(period){}

No, I want the function to return exactly the price of the last fractal. Why i = 3? How should I format these functions to return the price of the last fractal?

Trader7777:

No, I need the function to return exactly the price of the last fractal. Why i = 3?

to formulate a fractal, a total of at least 5 bars is needed (according to B.Williams)

the fractal sign is placed in the middle - on the 3rd bar out of 5

if we ignore the forming bar number 0 and skip two bars, we obtain number 3.

The indicator buffer does not have the values you need. To get them you need to find the number of the last fractal bar - return (i) ;

then take the required price values from this bar.

ALXIMIKS:

Here is everything - on page 9, how to do it with pictures.

Be careful - read the first 15 pages. If you are not confident do not update, because other mt4 terminals may be updated (although the developers say they have fixed it).

If you do not know how to use it, do not worry.

I've got a situation when after the upgrade to the beta version the terminal opened without my profile settings. And only with standard indicators, Expert Advisors and scripts.

While thinking about which of the other MT4s to copy and restore folders from, I closed.

Then, without any recovery actions, I opened it again. I saw all my settings and programs intact. Just like before the upgrade.

ALXIMIKS:

to formulate a fractal, you need at least 5 bars in total (after B.Williams)

the fractal sign is placed in the middle - on the 3rd bar out of 5

if you ignore the forming bar number 0 and skip two bars, you get number 3.

The indicator buffer does not have the values you want. To get them you need to find the number of the last fractal bar - return (i) ;

then take the required price values from this bar.

I'm confused. So iFractals doesn't return the price of a fractal, but its number relative to the current fractal?

how do I know the OCHL candle number in relation to the current candle?

Please describe how to create a DLL with (or for) Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express, how to use it to test and debug robots, and any additional tricks and features.

Vladimirovits:
Please describe how to create a DLL with (or for) Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express,

Open MS VC++, click create DLL... code...

how to use it to test faster, debug robots, additional tricks and features.

is tantamount to asking "how not to starve to death with a stovepipe". Be more specific or you will go to telepaths.

Trader7777:

I'm confused. So iFractals does not return the price of a fractal, but its number relative to the current one?

Yes

how do I know the OCHL of a candle by its number relative to the current one?

Open[i]

Close[i].

High[i]

Low[i]

double GetLastUpperFractalPrice()
{
for (int i = 3; i<=Bars; i++)
if (iFractals(Symbol(),PERIOD_M5,MODE_UPPER,i) != 0) return (i);
double LastUpperFractalPrice = High [i]; return (LastUpperFractalPrice);

}

is that correct? Will this function return the price of the last upper fractal?

Reason: