MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 72

Barbarian:

After the last update, I can't copy a text string by Ctrl+V in MetaEditor. For example, I need to copy some text in the EA code, but it does not work. And it works in other editors, including old MetaEditor, without any problems.

If I copy it from the editor into the editor, it works without any problems.

Windows 7x64, MT build 548, MetaEditor build 874. I run everything from icons on my desktop as a normal user of the Administrator group, I don't use /portable.

Same problem. Notepad copied into ME

Windows 7x32, MT build 548, MetaEditor build 874. I run everything from icons on the Desktop as a normal user of the Administrator group, /portable is not used.

Interesting:

The idea is that the Expert Advisor can work completely independently (for example, on a VPS). In my opinion, it is useful to inform the "trader" that the update is available and has been downloaded.

In my opinion, in this case at least it is useful to inform the "trader" that the update is available and has been downloaded.

Whether to restart the terminal or not is a separate question.

This is exactly the way it is now.

1. Update is available (message in the journal)
  2. Manually restarting the terminal
  3. Update already downloaded (message in log)
  4. Manual restart of the terminal
  5. Terminal asks if it wants to make changes
  6. Agree to change - terminal restarts automatically and starts the updated terminal
  7. Disagree to change - continue working with current build
What I have marked as "(log message)" could optionally be done with e-mail and push messages, plus it would be nice to "programmatically" see the status of the update.

In my opinion, the user should be able to choose whether to apply the update now or delay it until later.

Otherwise the update is done without notification. The message in the logbook is not a notification, no one is going to look at it every minute.

There is an update - notify about it. Show what has changed in the terminal.

When terminal is loading - offer to switch to new version.

But to update silently, without notification... Besides, update process itself looks like a program crash and leaves a bad impression - the window blinks, closes and silence.

You start it again. Does not start, hangs in the background and then opens itself.

It's no joke! They run robots with a lot of money on their terminals!

And then he updates himself and everything stops, but what if it works, but not correctly? The money could go bad!

webinstaller 549 build - download

Nemser:

In my opinion, the user should be able to choose whether to apply the update now or delay it until later.

Otherwise the update is done without notification. The message in the logbook is not a notification, no one is going to look at it every minute.

There is an update - notify about it. Show what has changed in the terminal.

When terminal is loading - offer to switch to the new version.

But to update silently, without notification. Besides, update process itself looks like program crash and leaves a bad impression - window blinked, closed and silence.

Then you start it again. It doesn't start, hangs in the background and then opens itself.

This is no joke! There are trading robots running on terminals that make a lot of money!

But it will update itself and everything will stand, and it will work, but not correctly? The money can go bad!

In order to update the terminal, you need to do this:

1. Update available (message in log)
  2. Manually restart the terminal
  3. Update downloaded (message in the log)
  4. Manually restart the terminal
  5. Terminal will ask if it wants to change
  6. Agree to change - terminal restarts automatically and starts the updated terminal
  7. Disagree to change - continue working with the current build

You will also be asked at the fifth point. How can you miss it??????????

And you are working with the 509th build. What got you into the beta testing branch? Go work. No offense.

Reported bugs in the 549 build reflected in ServiceDesk.

does everyone have PipeExample in the 549 build?

ruslanchik:
does everyone have PipeExsample in the 549 build of the scripts ?
Yes, they do.

ruslanchik:
does everyone in the 549 build have PipeExample in their scripts ?

Yep. Example of work with named channels. Only the work is done via MQL5.pipe.server. Apparently, this approach should allow transmitting messages between MT4 and MT5 terminals. Right?

when installing a custom indicator (ZUP) on a chart, it removes the previously set graph objects - trend, horizontal, ellipse

Reason: