Beta version of MetaTrader 4 IDE including new MQL4 compiler and editor - page 10

In the updated terminal, I would like to see some conveniences:

1. When many chart windows are open and several orders are open, I would like to highlight one of the orders and select "Quick jump to window" in the context menu

Quick switch to the window

2. I would like to see an 'Arrange windows in a book' function in the window management (like in word).

Arrange the windows in a bookend pattern

3. I am glad to see the new MT4 with a pips ruler, I have thrown a segment on a chart, and it shows the distance in pips:

(it is not convenient to use a mouse pointer when I look through it and forget about it, and here it is stored in the history)

Pips ruler in points

4. In the strategy tester, add the option of "Manual Trading".

I don't trust EAs, and I want to test the strategy with my hands on a brisk chart, not only in buy-sell, but with pending orders and Limits, too!

All third-party add-ons to MT4 either suspend the terminal or work only once. I do not want to sit on a demo account for years either.

5. Add the button "Disconnect from the server (to the server)". It is not convenient to disconnect the Internet every time the terminal does not pump new ticks during tests!

160777:

4. In the strategy tester, add the option of "Manual Trading".

I do not trust EAs and I want to check the strategy by hand on a busy chart, and not only in buy-sell, but by pending orders and limits as well!

I want to use them not only for buy-sell, but also for limit orders! I do not want to spend years on demo account either.

For this purpose there are many solutions working both online and in the strategy tester. For example AG4.

5. Add the button "Disconnect from the server (to the server)". Otherwise, every time you turn off the Internet, so that the terminal does not pump new ticks during the tests, somehow uncomfortable!

Probably, it would be more convenient, but even now you don't need to disable internet. It's enough to enter the wrong password from the same account after the connection. As a result, the whole environment stays and no new data arrives.

P. S. And how do the new ticks interfere with testing? If by spread, then it is no longer relevant, because the spread in the tester can be set itself.

5. Добавьте кнопку "Отключить(Подключить) от сервера(к серверу)". А то каждый раз выключать интернет, чтобы терминал не подкачивал новые тики во время тестов, неудобно как-то!

All you have to do is enter some gibberish in the proxy server field.

Why has it all gone stale? Nothing here or on the fifth about the new version? Waved, waved, a carrot tied in front of our eyes and we're watching...

artmedia70:
Why has it all gone stale? Nothing here or on 5 about the new version? They beckoned, they waved, they tied the carrot in front of their eyes and we watch...

I suspect the surprise is a New Year's present... It's just not clear which one... I don't think it's a good idea to hope for something like "Wow, that's just great" ...

We all remember the carrot before mt5 and how it all ended up going on ....

It would be a good idea to call all GlobalVariables Terminal Variables in the new version of the language to eliminate the eternal confusion of the concept of "global variables". The "Global- " commandsmay still work for version compatibility.

Look at the MT5 release which came out yesterday. It has a full-fledged new MQL4 compiler and editor. We will be releasing the MT4 terminal soon, it's not a quick thing to do when you think about the huge amount of transferable functionality from MT5.

Renat:
Look at the MT5 release which came out yesterday. It has a full-fledged new MQL4 compiler and editor. We will soon release the MT4 terminal, it's not a quick thing to do when you think about the huge amount of transferable functionality from MT5.

We are waiting for it. We are trying not to ask questions "when ?" in order not to distract ... But when ??? at least give us a month ?????

VOLDEMAR:

We are waiting very long, trying not to ask questions "when?" so as not to distract ... But when ??? at least give us a month ?????
This month.

Renat:
This month.
Well... that's reassuring. Thank you. (Chuckles) We'll be waiting.
Reason: