Beta version of MetaTrader 4 IDE including new MQL4 compiler and editor - page 4

VOLDEMAR:

It's hard to argue with you, I remember my acquaintance with MT4, after 1 hour of using it I had no desire to trade on other platforms, after 10 minutes of using MT5 I didn't have any desire to use it ... Mt5 has a difficult future, language fusion is + mt4 but not mt5, mt4 almost instantly conquered the market unlike mt5, mt5 will have to compete with worthy competitors that have no bans ...

The problem with MT5 in conquering the market is that you cannot open the types of trades that are so popular in MT4, which trades we are talking about is clear to everyone. MT5 is much more technologically advanced than MT4. I don't think that if MT4 support is closed, the majority of traders will switch to MT5, most likely they will switch to other platforms where there are no restrictions like on MT5.

FAQ:
Can we really make MT4 forum as a section of MT5 forum ?

From my user point of view it would be more convenient.

Given the integration of the programs and as discussions on MT4 are going on both on this site and on MQL5.

The dispersion of information is quite time consuming. I think I'm not the only one and not just from a user perspective.

Maybe a poll could be started?

P./S.: This is the first time I´m entering a public discussion and I´m registered recently. However I am a long time (since 2009) visitor of this site.

У МТ5 проблема в завоевании рынка в том, что на нем нельзя открывать типы сделок которые так популярны в МТ4, о каких сделках идет речь всем понятно. По технологичности МТ5 выше на много МТ4. Не думаю, что если закроют поддержку МТ4, то большая масса трейдеров перейдет на МТ5, скорее всего уйдут на другие платформы где нет ограничений как на МТ5.

I take it we're talking about lokas. I think you are exaggerating their importance. Of course there are quite a few fans of their use in MT4, also for the convenience of auto-trading. But it's unlikely that there are so many such people that it becomes the main problem for MT5 to conquer the market.

I think the simple fact is that MT5 is positioned as an exchange platform, and our society is not ready for a mass transition to direct exchange markets, where everything is much more strict and serious, and the entry threshold is much higher. But in kitchens the deposit of 50 quid is enough, plus a simplified procedure for opening and funding the account. As a result the mass consumer without much hesitation chooses the kitchen scheme, and consequently MT4 because it is easier to master and its capabilities are quite sufficient for these purposes.

Meat:

I take it we're talking about lokas. I think you are exaggerating their importance. Of course there are quite a few fans of their use in MT4, also for the convenience of auto-trading. But it's unlikely that there are so many such people that it becomes the main problem for MT5 to conquer the market.

I think the simple fact is that MT5 is positioned as an exchange platform, and our society is not ready for a mass transition to direct exchange markets, where everything is much more strict and serious, and the entry threshold is much higher. But in kitchens the deposit of 50 quid is enough, plus a simplified procedure for opening and funding the account. As a result the mass consumer without much hesitation chooses the kitchen scheme, and consequently MT4, because it is easier to master and its capabilities are quite sufficient for these purposes.

Locky as a strategy or locky as the inevitable fact of combining multiple strategies in one account - two big differences. I think the second one is much more important than stupid S&M locking and subsequent "fixing".

Meat:

I take it we're talking about loci. I think you are exaggerating their importance. Of course there are quite a few fans of their use in MT4, also for the convenience of auto-trading. But it's unlikely that there are so many such people that it becomes the main problem for MT5 to conquer the market.

I think the simple fact is that MT5 is positioned as an exchange platform, and our society is not ready for a mass transition to direct exchange markets, where everything is much more strict and serious, and the entry threshold is much higher. But in kitchens the deposit of 50 quid is enough, plus a simplified procedure for opening and funding the account. As a result the mass of users without much hesitation, choose the kitchen scheme, and thus MT4, because it is easier to master, and its features are quite sufficient for these purposes.

It's not just about locking - the ability to open multiple positions for one instrument, the possibility of increased leverage.

And we should not underestimate the importance of these factors - it is because of them that there are more MT4 users. Most of the trading robots are based on opening multiple positions for one instrument, both locking and adding. We are not going to discuss the correctness of such TS, but the fact is that these TS users account for a significant majority. That's why MT5 loses the market in the number of users to MT4.

Barbarian:

It's not just about locking - the ability to open multiple positions on the same instrument, the possibility of increased leverage.

And you should not underestimate the importance of these factors - it is because of them that there are more MT4 users. Most of the trading robots are based on opening multiple positions for one instrument, both locking and adding. We are not going to discuss the correctness of such TS, but the fact is that these TS users account for a significant majority. That's why MT5 loses the market in the number of users to MT4.

I would even say : it will not win the market !!! In forex it's 100% even with icing of the tongues, for stocks mt 5 is also weak, at least in the leanest terminal the windows are separated from the whole platform ... Not in mt 5 ...

Question for developers and congratulations on last programmer's day !!!

Question : When will there be a new mt ??? Can't wait .....

VOLDEMAR:

Question for developers and congratulations on last programmer's day !!!

Question : When will there be a new mt ??? Can't wait .....

We are trying our best. Already 90 percent of the features have been migrated to the new track. Also note that the range of features in four is expanding - we want to add goodies from five (if possible)

stringo:
We are trying as hard as we can. Already 90 percent of the functions have been converted to the new rails. Also note that the range of features in four is expanding - we want to add goodies from five (if possible)

Maybe you should have just given the opportunity to enable/disable netting of positions in MT5 on the server?) Probably everyone would have switched to five by now.

alex_r:

maybe it should have just been possible to allow in MT5 on the server to enable/disable netting positions? wouldn't it have been easier) By now probably everyone would have switched to 5.

To my similar question Renat replied that the incompatibility of MT4 and MT5 server architectures does not allow to make such a checkbox on the server :-)) This is my compilation of his reply.

It's easier to redesign MT4.

This is hard to believe.

Reason: