How much have you earned with FOREX? - page 12

ksbr: A five-minute candle CANNOT be smaller than the spread in the real market. This is absurd.

There is nothing stopping it from being smaller than the spread. A candlestick is the distance between two bids. There is no direct relation to the distance between the Ask and the Bid at a given point in time (that is the spread).

And it is better to take the maximum spread, it's more fair.

Everything would be fine if it had a reasonable upper limit comparable to the average spread. But this is not the case: the maximum spread may be dozens of times the average one. But such a spread doesn't happen very often - so the test results will be worse than realistic.

Mathemat:
...the maximum spread could be tens of times the average spread.
But such a spread does not happen very often - so the test results will be worse than the realistic ones.

I wonder if the spread in currency futures during the news changes within the same limits as in forex?

And what of it? What's the yield? Not the small stuff -- "and the spread there is rarely more than 3 rubles, usually 1-2" -- but on the TOTAL line. What's the bottom line?

Well, my CAR/MDD is all 3 to 5. Not much, but stable. It would be more if they were trading around the clock, but that's only in perspective at the home barge. But I'm no mathematician or programmer. But there are some that make thousands of percent in months, and not with such infernal drawdowns, as the advertisement flashed here, i.e. on a stable basis, but this is a real business with investments in infrastructure.

The candle could be somewhere nearby:)

Oleg, sorry - no one argued with us :)

ksbr:

Buccaneers even better)))))

Well, if gentlemen can explain why a (five-minute!) candle may be smaller than the difference between an asc and a bid, then forex is the place for such gentlemen)))

I cannot explain why in spite of the fact that my asc is always higher than the haws of one-minute candlesticks, they manage to build and do it using Bid only)))) That's the shiz, what about the asc trades? And when you see these spreads, you want to stand on both sides and take this spread in your pocket - someone has to run these bids through the market! IT MAKES SENSE! This is the first thing that comes to mind of a beginner who opens the terminal: two Limit orders to both sides. But only bid for some reason)). Further more, putting at the bid, you again will not get a deal, you have to wait until the metaphysical asc descends to your bid! The '90s thimble guys are fairer. And, what was my amazement when I bought and then sold the same currency pair and suddenly got two, TWO DIFFERENT POSITIONS! I laughed out loud, honestly!

It's simple, they draw you what they think is right, and when you seem to be able to enter beautifully on the move the spread moves the hell out)))) Beautiful, and your point goes in favour of the buccaneers)

In the real market, not only do participants try to make money on the spread by competing in price, there is a huge variety of strategies that will always offer prices in the cup butt to butt, no spread, nose to nose.

Unfortunately, of the currency futures, the one for the dollar ($1,000 contract) is the real deal (a lot of people in the cup) and the spread there rarely exceeds 3 rubles, usually 1-2. On average it will be less than 3 for sure. MICEX has given access to foreign exchange trading, I have not yet taken an interest in what it's like there.

You know, you enjoy it when you count your winnings. The rest of the time you turn green with anger.

I, on the other hand, enjoy the process of creating, embodying, finding and so much more, and the money will come when it comes. It satisfies me to be able to explore, to express myself, to be passionate about something. What else does a person need?

I like that too.

ksbr:

There would be more if the bidding went on around the clock...

and then the list of "if only" could go on for a long, long time...

By the way, if the bidding were round the clock, it is quite possible that there would be less, not more. But that's just for the record ;))

Reason: