Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 736

xant:
Thank you all for your replies, I have understood the gist, the issue is different for me. My level is close to zero, that is, to do what I want it will take time, and my workload is such that I can sit at most half an hour or an hour with the editor. That's why I say I'll postpone it to a better time.

Another question. I call indicator data into EA and display a comment on the screen

I notice that the indicator changes values with every tick and the EA data does not. How do I fight it?

Probably in the indicator values of 5 decimal places, so this fifth digit and change, and you round up to four digits.

Nah, the score is four digits. Although who's stopping me from rounding it down to six digits?

Hi all.

As a newbie I want to ask a question: Sometimes I cannot open a trade, the terminal says "Please wait. Your order is being processed on the server". It may hang there indefinitely.

The broker says he can't see my requests at all. In the terminal log such "lost" requests look like this:

0       17:39:42.580    'xxx': pending order buy stop 0.50 GBPUSD at 1.62149 sl: 0.00000 tp: 0.00000
0       17:53:28.041    'xxx': instant order buy 0.50 GBPUSD at 1.62159 sl: 0.00000 tp: 0.00000
0       19:46:09.176    'xxx': instant order sell 0.50 EURUSD at 1.27206 sl: 0.00000 tp: 0.00000
Broker's tech support checked the connection with their server and said that everything is ok.
Also there are following messages in a log:
3       22:46:14.006    Main pumping: timeout on stop
3       22:46:17.058    Main pumping: timeout on stop
3       22:46:20.058    Main pumping: timeout on stop
3       22:46:23.058    Main pumping: timeout on stop
But they are not always written and were not present during the lost requests. Can you advise where to dig? Thank you.

Good evening all!

Need advice, I have a counter EventSetTimer involved in the owl, in the tester, nothing happens if I move everything to OnTick all works, and clearly with each tick and matching conditions, but I need a counter (the frequency of checking conditions) and not on every tick, what to do?

PS I want to test owl with EventSetTimer.

Thanks.

Pokrov:

Good evening all!

Need advice, I have a counter EventSetTimer involved in the owl, in the tester, nothing happens if I move everything to OnTick all works, and clearly with each tick and matching conditions, but I need a counter (the frequency of checking conditions) and not on every tick, what to do?

PS I want to test owl with EventSetTimer.

Thanks.

The timer doesn't work in the tester.

valeryk:
The timer does not work in the tester.
I use MT4, can you test on MT5 with this function?

xant:
transfer the logic of the turkey to the owl

OBJ_LABEL cannot output more than 62 characters? If so, how can a longer string be displayed?

Hi all! How do I install the indicator? Can't do it after the update!? A button preferably? Thank you!

evillive:
OBJ_LABEL cannot output more than 62 characters? If so, how can a longer string be displayed?
With two OBJ_LABEL.
Reason: