Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 716

"1.When CCI 34 crosses the nought line first, followed by a CCI 170 crossingthe nought line."

Yes, the zero line, but the zero line of CCI 34

That is, CCI 170 crosses the null line of CCI 34 and they don't have zero lines on the chart

In other words, at the moment CCI 34 crosses its nought line, CCI 170 can have e.g. -55, and at other times when CCI 34 crosses its nought line, CCI 170 can be +20, etc.

Your algorithm checks for a zero line cross of CCI 170, not a zero line cross of CCI 34

i.e. in item 4:

"4. If the counter value is different from 0 - Check for CCI(170) crossing."

the crossing of CCI 170 over CCI 34 zero line should be checked - how do I do that?

I can't insert a picture unfortunately

Thank you for such a quick response))

Zeta:

I can't insert a picture, unfortunately

How to insert a picture. It's not really clear what you mean.

Zeta:

"1.When CCI 34 crosses the nought line first, followed by a CCI 170 crossingthe nought line."

Yes, the zero line, but the zero line of CCI 34

That is, CCI 170 crosses the null line of CCI 34 and they don't have zero lines on the chart

In other words, at the moment CCI 34 crosses its nought line, CCI 170 can have e.g. -55, and at other times when CCI 34 crosses its nought line, CCI 170 can be +20, etc.

Your algorithm checks for a zero line cross of CCI 170, not a zero line cross of CCI 34

i.e. in item 4:

"4. If the counter value is different from 0 - Check for CCI(170) crossing."

the crossing of CCI 170 over CCI 34 zero line should be checked - how do I do that?

I can't insert a picture unfortunately

Thank you for such a quick response))

Zero is zero; if the value of iCCI(34) is greater than zero and the value of iCCI(170) is also greater than zero, this is your condition. Does this mean that one zero is different from another, right?

VladislavVG:

How to insert a picture. It's not really clear what you mean.

It says "there was an error during the upload". I'm following the instructions. Maybe I should use a different browser. I will try it now.

evillive:
Zero is zero, if iCCI(34) is greater than zero and iCCI(170) is also greater than zero, this is your condition. According to you it turns out that one zero is different from the other, right?

Yes, one zero is different from the other

Well, at least in my graph.

see attached file

The thick line isCCI 34 and the thin line isCCI 170. The red dotted line represents the zero level ofCCI 34 and the blue dotted line represents the zero level ofCCI 170.

The red dotted line represents the moment to watch: first,CCI 34 crosses its nought level and thenCCI 170 crosses the same line, i.e., it crosses the nought level ofCCI 34. You can see in the picture that at that point,CCI 170 (in this case) has a value of -17.5658. At another point of a similar cross,CCI 170 will have a different value, etc. How do you trace the moment whenCCI 170 crosses the zero level relating toCCI34?

Is that a clearer description?

on file
Files:
999_2.zip  27 kb

I can't add a picture, it still gives an error, I've tried it on two computers in three browsers

ALXIMIKS:
smart uncle, what if the new line was shorter than the old one?
If the new line was expected to be shorter, the question would be different. Or it might become different in the future. In the meantime, I don't see any problem.

Zeta:

Yes, one zero is different from the other

well, at least on my chart

you have to compare values, quantitatively, not visually, i.e. qualitatively, it is the numbers that the EA is comparing. If we compare visually, it is not correct, especially if the 0 levels are different because the human eye can find a beautiful pattern even there where there is none. It is necessary first to combine the zeros of both indicators and then look. For this purpose it is necessary to fix the minimum and maximum of both indicators on the same values, for example -500 and 500:

Here is an example of self-deception, the circles are actually even:

Reason: