Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 651

AlexeyVik:

Here is how chart_id ChartFirst ChartNext should look like

Use ChartNext ChartSymbol and ChartPeriod to determine which chart it is and use this chart_id.

I have tried these functions, but they fail to display different timeframe identifiers of one chart. So, as far as I understand, to get chart_id of different timeframes of one symbol, all of them should be opened as separate charts, right?

.roman.:

I tried the function, but it did not succeed in displaying IDs of different timeframes of one chart. So, as far as I understand, to get the chart_id of different timeframes of one symbol, all of them should be opened as separate charts, right?

That's why you've been told, 'Tell me exactly what you need. Where the objects are and if they exist at all...

The chart_id does not depend on the timeframe, it is an identifier of the chart itself.

Look here, in the comments, the indicator writes the id of the first chart to the left and then the second one. And then the second window symbol, timeframe and colour.

Files:
indtest.mq4  3 kb

AlexeyVik:

That's why you've been told, 'Tell me exactly what you need. Where the objects are and whether they exist at all...

The chart_id does not depend on timeframe, it is an identifier of the chart itself.

Look at the comments, the indicator writes the id of the first chart on the left, then the second. And then the second window symbol, timeframe and colour.

I myself have already checked these functions... That's why I said that I will need separate open charts for each timeframe I need (if functions with chart_id are used).

As a result, is there a solution to get the coordinates of rectangles on other timeframes on the same chart , being on H1 of the timeframe, for example, while being visible only on the timeframe they are on?

.roman.:

I have already checked these functions myself... That is why I said that I would need separate open charts for each timeframe I need (if functions with chart_id are used).

As a result, is there a solution to get the coordinates of rectangles on other timeframes on the same chart , while only visible on the timeframe they are on, being, for example, on H1 of the timeframe?

throw this script on the chart
Files:

pako:

throw this script on the chart

The chart IDs of the currently opened charts (with the current timeframe) are not a problem, it's clear. We need chart_id of other timeframes of open charts.

.roman.:

Chart IDs of currently open charts (with current timeframe) is not a problem, it's understandable. We need chart_id of other timeframes of open charts.

Open 5 charts EUR/USD M15, M30,H1,H4,D1

throw the script

each TF has its own ID

pako:

Open 5 charts EUR/USD M15, M30,H1,H4,D1

throw the script

each TF has its own ID

This is the most obvious and logical option, but the point is to get the chart IDs from the timeframes which are NOT open.

.roman.:

This is the most obvious and logical option, but the point is precisely to get the chart idi from the timeframes that are NOT open.

no Chart no number

And the object in another timeframe can be calculated without needing the chart number or the chart itself.

pako:

no Chart no number

That's why I was asking from the beginning, what function could be used to get object parameters on other TFs of the same chart without opening new ones.

Do you have any other ideas...?

.roman.:

that's why I asked from the beginning what function could be used to get object parameters on other TFs of the same graph without opening new ones.

Do you have any other ideas...?

what parameters are you interested in?
Reason: