Surface Pro X

Hi

Has anyone tried running MT4 on the new Surface Pro X?

Why do you ask?

I would have thought that it is much the same as running on any other computer.

Keith Watford:

Why do you ask?

I would have thought that it is much the same as running on any other computer.

It runs on a Qualcomm chip instead on an Intel chip.

This article probably explains my doubts on buying the Surface Pro X for MT4:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/5/20948092/microsoft-surface-pro-x-review-arm-windows-10-apps-features-specs-price

Microsoft Surface Pro X review: heartbreaker
Microsoft Surface Pro X review: heartbreaker
  • www.theverge.com
The Surface Pro X is the computer Microsoft has tried to make for at least seven years. It is the computer Microsoft hopes will be the platform on which the future of Windows 10 is built. It is a beautiful, well-made hybrid tablet device that looks better than any other computer I’ve tried in at least the past year. The entire reason for the...

I confirm it. It doesn't run on Microsoft Pro X.

I just bought it thinking my life will be easier being mobile and all with the 4G option but it wasn't the case!

I try to run compatibility options but nothing happens! It just wont open MT4.

I recommend you any of the Microsoft Surface series that have an intel Processor.

It appears that the Surface Pro X runs on an  SQ 2 ARM processor which is not supported.

So i agree with @Athanasios Dardoumpas if you plan to buy a Surface device make sure it has a Intel x86 or x86-x64 compatible processor architecture these are for example AMD64 i3 i5 i7 and etc.

There is an improvement that is coming to the ARM processors - apparently this is coming Jan 2021.

https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-close-to-emulating-x64-code-emulation-on-arm/

Would this help?

MT4 is a 32bit platform isn't it? So does this help at all, or is the problem related to the ARM processor itself?

Microsoft close to emulating x64 code on ARM laptops
Microsoft close to emulating x64 code on ARM laptops
  • mspoweruser.com
Microsoft’s Windows 10 on ARM efforts are about to take another step, with evidence Microsoft is close to enabling the execution of 64bit code on Windows 10 on ARM laptops. Currently, ARM laptops use the WoW emulator designed to run Win32 code on x64 computers to run Win32 code on ARM64 code, but that neat hack, unfortunately, means 64bit...

This was a very useful forum as I have been looking for information on this topic. Thanks

X64 Emulator is out for Windows 10 ARM: https://youtu.be/oH_9AFuJWPk . It is in the developer downloads of the Windows Insider Program, so you can guarantee that there will be bugs. I'm trying to find out if MT4 or MT5 runs on it.
Windows 10 on ARM Insider Update - x64 Apps!
Windows 10 on ARM Insider Update - x64 Apps!
  • www.youtube.com
Over the weekend Microsoft released a new insider build for Windows 10 on ARM that brings x64 App support! Now this is the first BETA release, so we expect s...

SJH Investments,:
X64 Emulator is out for Windows 10 ARM: https://youtu.be/oH_9AFuJWPk . It is in the developer downloads of the Windows Insider Program, so you can guarantee that there will be bugs. I'm trying to find out if MT4 or MT5 runs on it.

HI SJH - do you happen to have a pro x that you can test on? Or were you planning on trying to ask MS support?

CaptCaveman:

HI SJH - do you happen to have a pro x that you can test on? Or were you planning on trying to ask MS support?

Hi CaptCaveman - I've "borrowed" a friend's Pro X and so far I am having issues running the 64bit MT4 in emulation. I'm not having issues running the 32bit on either the Pro X or on my Lenovo C630 WOS (an older Snapdragon Laptop). It does take more ram than if it was native, but I am getting the job done. Will keep you posted.

To compile the software for arm processor will be hard for mt, the will never get this.

the use an old style sowtware design, extremly out of date, so this will be a new development.

you can see it, when you use the apps for ios and android, there the did the right thing, take the ui away from the source

Reason: