MT4 doesn't open indicators in separate window

Recently I have been facing with such a problem, some of the indicators not opening in a separate window but opening in the middle of the chart. I thought that somethings wrong with the certain indicator but not and now I got another indicator what should open in separate window but it shows up in the middle of the chart.

Have been uninstalling MT4 and removing data folder, compiling indicator, have been trying different brokers, nothing seems to work.  

laurixx:

Recently I have been facing with such a problem, some of the indicators not opening in a separate window but opening in the middle of the chart. I thought that somethings wrong with the certain indicator but not and now I got another indicator what should open in separate window but it shows up in the middle of the chart.

Have been uninstalling MT4 and removing data folder, compiling indicator, have been trying different brokers, nothing seems to work.  

Can you provide some screenshots?

I have the same problem, I insert any indicator, it puts me in the main window.

help meeee 

Files:
error.jpg  423 kb

1, please make sure you define #property indicator_separate_window in mql.

2, please make sure you complie the correct file.

I already checked the indicators in MetaEditor and seem to be all right. I have to say that the indicators that come with MT4 are placed either in a window, but not the custom.

Files:
error2.jpg  329 kb

You need to create new test indicator by MetaEditor wizard to check if the indicator is correct.

If it is not correct it may be problem metaeditor. If it is correct, just create the new one.

You could show me an example of how to do? Please.

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1500
MQL4 Language for Newbies. Custom Indicators (Part 1)
MQL4 Language for Newbies. Custom Indicators (Part 1)
  • Antoniuk Oleg
  • www.mql5.com
This is the fourth article from the series "MQL4 Languages for Newbies". Today we will learn to write custom indicators. We will get acquainted with the classification of indicator features, will see how these features influence the indicator, will learn about new functions and optimization, and, finally, we will write our own indicators. Moreover, at the end of the article you will find advice on the programming style. If this is the first article "for newbies" that you are reading, perhaps it would be better for you to read the previous ones. Besides, make sure that you have understood properly the previous material, because the given article does not explain the basics.

One example of how separate window indicator opens in a main window.

Indicator also added. Code looks fine and I know it is working on others as it should but not on my MT4. I also have tried it on 4 different brokers but they all show the same. 

laurixx:

One example of how separate window indicator opens in a main window.

Indicator also added. Code looks fine and I know it is working on others as it should but not on my MT4. I also have tried it on 4 different brokers but they all show the same. 

Please update your terminal. The current build 794. This issue has been resolved.

Karputov Vladimir:
Please update your terminal. The current build 794. This issue has been resolved.

But I just downloaded MT4 from my broker site..And it still shows build 791.

I also was looking at "Journal" tab in terminal is there coming any row with "update" text but nothing comes up. 

Reason: