Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 523

tara:
I'm wrong again?!

Am I wrong again?! I don't bet, you're more experienced in programming than I am, that's probably why I've never had variants, when in condition with if() compiler resolved one equal sign!

I haven't had a single hour of training as a programmer, because I'm not a programmer, perhaps.

And about one equal sign - it could well be, oddly enough.

And I haven't studied for a minute in a course or in a class! All I've done is from tutorials and here. So why can't I allow =, but only == in condition with if()? I don't speak about other cases, I don't know. And you know, so you're more informed!

borilunad:

And I haven't studied a single minute in a course or class somewhere! It's all in the manuals and here. So why am I not allowed to use =, but only == in condition with if()? I don't speak about other cases, I don't know. And you know, so you're more informed!
God, we're such goths...

tara:
God, what a gopota we are...

Here's another example! I don't know the word "gopota," but you do. And you're better than that. That's why I admit it!

Looked up the dictionary, and there I didn't find, between gopak and gora, you're above even the dictionary compilers! You have my sincerest admiration!

borilunad:

Here's another example! I don't know the word "gopota" and you do! And you're better than that! That's why I admit it!

Don't be sarcastic.

Boris, I'll give you an example tomorrow.

tara:

Don't be sarcastic.

What's not a word of yours, it's a revelation to me! In the dictionary I found only "yernik" obl. (shrub). I have no words! As you can see, you have more here too!

borilunad:

What's not a word of yours, a revelation to me! In the dictionary I found only "yernik" obl. (shrub). I have no words! As you can see, you have more here too!

What kind of dictionaries do you have there? http://traditio-ru.org/wiki/Ёрничать

borilunad:

I'm speechless! As you can see, you have more here too!
Are we comparing anything yet?

tara:

What kind of dictionaries do you have there? http://traditio-ru.org/wiki/Ёрничать

Besides, if I'm the parent, you're the progenitor! That's why you know and use the words! I'm looking in the Russian-Spanish dictionary. Somehow I didn't think to bring the Dictionary of Dahl or Ozhegov from Moscow. You almost never speak Russian here, so some of the oldest ones get forgotten or some of the most modern ones don't stick! :)

tara:
Are we comparing anything yet?

Of course we are! With words, of course!
Reason: