SOT - page 14

Nikolai Romanovskyi:
So what's so interesting about it? No one said so, but everyone's talking about how they got these numbers and why they did it that way.

I don't know why you're beating around the bush, I think I've made myself clear

Recruited in the long run by non-commercials from the beginning of the contract

Shorted by non-commercials since the beginning of the contract

They've been going long since the start of the contract for about 21500k. Why is it so complicated? You can count it all up by week and see exactly where and how much was gained. It's maths for junior parochial school.

And I don't know why you're all so eager to go through history, I, for example, don't care about the past, all that matters to me is the here and now.

stranger:

I don't know why you're beating around the bush, I think I've made myself clear

Recruited in the long run by non-commercials from the beginning of the contract

Shorted by non-commercials since the beginning of the contract

They've been going long since the start of the contract for about 21500k. Why is it so complicated? You can count it all up by week and see exactly where and how much was gained. Maths for junior parochial school.

Thanks, Batya. I wish I could explain it straight away with my fingers... I understand the history as a tool for analysis and a better understanding of patterns.

stranger:

So, what we have. Non-commercials added 6400k to longs from 1.5580k, commercials added a short from 1.5660 to 10517k.

How can we get to these levels according to SOT reports?

Bicus:
How can we get to these levels from the SOT reports?
I understand the date of the market close report. yes I am also interested in the way the levels are built. here is more http://tradelikeapro.ru/analiz-otchetov-cot/ yes the moderators ask me once
Отслеживаем куда стоят крупные игроки — Анализ отчетов COT
Отслеживаем куда стоят крупные игроки — Анализ отчетов COT
  • tradelikeapro.ru
По многочисленным просьбам трейдеров. Здравствуйте, друзья! Сегодня мы поговорим об одном из способов узнать: какие позиции занимают крупные спекулянты и инвестиционные фонды. Ведь как известно, рынком форекс движут деньги. А именно большие деньги. И если быть точнее, речь пойдет об анализе отчетов COT (Commitments of Traders), предоставляемых...

stranger:
I don't know why you're all so eager to look through history, I, for example, don't care about the past, all that matters to me is the here and now.
I want to experiment and see if there's a pattern, maybe I'm being silly, but I've done it// maybe I'm overthinking it, but I won't let it go))

Nikolai Romanovskyi:
I understand on the date of the market close report .yes also interested in how strange levels are built .here i also found http://tradelikeapro.ru/analiz-otchetov-cot/ yes the moderators ask me once
that would also be helpful, i use http://www.timingcharts.com
Commodity Futures & FOREX Charts | Commitments of Traders Database
  • www.timingcharts.com
Free Commodity Futures and Forex Price and Charts, Trading Systems, Commitments of Traders, Net Positions and C.O.T. Index

Bicus:
How do you get to these levels from the SOT reports?

Look at the price range for the week, selling and buying fixes at the top, buying and selling fixes at the bottom.

If price was falling and buying was fixed or vice versa, it is clear that the fix is at zero or a loss.

there are 2 versions of the report on the website

1 Traders in Financial Futures ; Futures-and-Options Combined Reports: and 2Futures-and-Options Combined Reports:

1 has a breakdown into dealer, asset manager, lev money other, non reportable
2 is split into commercial and non-commercial
TOTAL open interest matches but the rest of the numbers are scattered and it is not clear who is who
how to make sense of it

wantsome44:

there are 2 versions of the report on the website

1 Traders in Financial Futures ; Futures-and-Options Combined Reports: and 2Futures-and-Options Combined Reports:

1 has a breakdown into dealer, asset manager, lev money other, non reportable
2 is split into commercial and non-commercial
TOTAL open interest matches but the rest of the numbers are scattered and it is not clear who is who
how to make sense of it
Links to reports, you can look at my profile, if interesting.
Reason: