Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 304

solnce600:
Need proof?

Absolutely!

Integer:

You guys are such a... Going against all principles of engineering... I don't understand you. If we are talking about balance drawdown and equity drawdown, then equity drawdown can be much worse than balance drawdown. Balance drawdown is not an indicator at all. But there is an equity drawdown in the report.
He's stubborn. He can't hear what he's being told. Completely and utterly. He's had one stop in a thousand years. Simply because of his practical lack of it. But what the man doesn't realise is that it's just over-sitting. He thinks his system is so good, because his stops don't cling, it's almost perfect... The grail is made where the stop is on Mars and the take is on his own nose.

artmedia70:
He's stubborn. He can't hear what he's being told. Completely and utterly. He's had one stop in a thousand years. Simply because of his practical lack of it. But what the man doesn't realise is that it's just over-sitting. He thinks his system is so good, because his stops don't cling, it's almost perfect... The grail is made where the stop is on Mars and the take is on his own nose.

I would agree with you if out of 2000 trades over 14 years - at least one closed on a stop.But why not one closed on a stop????????????.

solnce600:
I would agree with you if out of 2,000 trades - at least one closed on a stop. But why is it that not one closed on a stop.

Because the stop is so far away!!!!

solnce600:
I would agree with you if at least one order out of 2000 closed on stop loss. But why is it that none of them closed on stop loss?

Not closing on a stop loss is one thing, but in what states was the deposit during the operation of this EA? This can be seen in the tester report (drawdown).

Another question - what if one order was closed by a stop loss?

solnce600:
I would agree with you if out of 2,000 trades - at least one closed on a stop. But why is it that not a single one closed on a stop????????????.

Integer:

I will!

I think you are right. You can clearly see from the balance chart that the drawdown = 0.80 is an equity drawdown.

Leo59:

I think you are right. You can clearly see from the balance chart that the drawdown = 0.80 is an equity drawdown.
There must be an idiot in every village.

Leo59:

Yes! And it is the equity drawdown that is an indicator. There is no equity drawdown at all on the balance sheet.

Integer:

If the stop loss has not been closed, what states has the deposit been in during the operation of this EA? This can be seen in the tester report (drawdown).

If in the market may be only 1 order, with a deposit of $ 1000, at 1p -1 dollar, with a stop of 400 p., while in a row may be no more than 1 stop (but I do not have them at all).

Maximum drawdown is no more than 39%.

And if the deposit is bigger, but the volume is the same, the drawdown will be less. There are no stops. The maximal drawdown is when the price reaches 1 pip before the stop and leaves to profit and closes by it.

Or am I misunderstanding something?

Reason: