Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 300

artmedia70:
Let's have a laugh together. Make the ratio of stops to toes 1:5 at least. And make the stops shorter, about 5 four-digit points. And a report to the studio.

Did I get it right that if the profit is 30 points, then the stop should be 150 points and no more.

solnce600:

And if I show 1500 - 2000 trades without a stop on the tester from 2000 to 2014 - then you will believe me.

But the orders would be with a profit of 30 pips and a stop of 250 - 400.

Andrey, the small number of trades indicates a long siting. So you're sure to lose on Real, there's no way out!

borilunad:
Andrei, the low number of trades indicates a long over-exposure. So you're sure to lose on Real, there's no way out!
And a large or acceptable number of trades starts at what number?

Zhunko:

Nowhere is it written. The metaquotes said no more than 512 arrays per module.

In the new MQL4 there will probably be no such limitation. In MQL5 there is no such limitation.

Sounds like this.... THANK YOU!

solnce600:

And if I show 1500 - 2000 trades without a stop on the tester from 2000 to 2014 - then you will believe me.

But the orders would be with a profit of 30 pips and a stop of 250 - 400.

No, don't. If the take is 30 pips, the stop is 6 pips. If the stop is 400p, then the take is 2,000p

artmedia70:
No, don't. If the take is 30 pips, the stop is 6 pips. If the stop is 400, then the take is 2,000 pips.

Strange, I read everywhere that the standard ratio is a stop of 3 times the profit.

Well I have a little more than that...... but if you try hard, you can reduce it to TP-30 on SL-150.

If two terminals are installed on the same computer, the same Expert Advisor is running in each terminal, the accounts are of course different. Two trade orders are sent to the same server at the same time. Which one is processed first?

solnce600:
My idea is the opposite.

You have no idea. Do as I say and you will see at once that you have no idea apart from "wait out the bad times and see if it works".

But alas, it won't work if you do as I advise. And I advise you to start looking for your own, not to sit in the nursery until now.

solnce600:
And a large or acceptable number of trades starts at what number?
For small depots you can't leave positions for the next day, at most for one night, and in no case for the weekend! For me, the limit is 1000 trades or one year. It makes no sense to leave positions for a longer period, you have to do some fine-tuning anyway.

Leo59:
If you have two terminals installed on one computer, the same Expert Advisor works in each terminal, and the accounts are of course different. Two trade orders are sent to one and the same server at the same time. Which one is processed first?

Eight flows. Unlikely to get a trade flow occupancy error.

Who prevents you from trying? At the same time, look at the request sending time, server response time, and execution speed. Then compare who sent the request first and who received the response first, and opened a position. Experiment, or are you just trying to communicate?

Reason: