multiple EA on a single chart

Hi,

Is it possible to add more than one EA to a single chart ?

When I try, MT5 always remove the already installed EA... why this limitation ?

Thanks!

Erwann.

Correct... only one EA per chart.

To use more than one EA on a currency pair or CFD you will need to make two charts each with one EA.

Erwann Pannerec:

Hi,

Is it possible to add more than one EA to a single chart ?

When I try, MT5 always remove the already installed EA... why this limitation ?

Thanks!

Erwann.

An even better question would be "why an EA needs to be linked to a chart ?" ;-)

Alain Verleyen:
An even better question would be "why an EA needs to be linked to a chart ?" ;-)

Yea, why?

but why not

Pak Hong Poon:
but why not

Because an EA has no eyes. There is no need to waste computational resources for things that are not needed to do the job.

Unfortunately it is the core architecture of the platform so it is unlikely to change. It would be nice if they will release a stripped version just for algo trading like the version running on MQL vps service.

how can i have 2 EA on mt5. I have 2 accounts but everytime i switch accounts the EA change to the account that im log in. Is there a way to have 2 EA on 2 accounts on the same mt5?

Gandalf6969 #how can i have 2 EA on mt5. I have 2 accounts but everytime i switch accounts the EA change to the account that im log in. Is there a way to have 2 EA on 2 accounts on the same mt5?

You can't have two connected accounts at the same time on one MetaTrader terminal.

You have to run two instances of MetaTrader terminal, one for each trading account.

ThankFernando Carreiro #:

You can't have two connected accounts at the same time on one MetaTrader terminal.

You have to run two instances of MetaTrader terminal, one for each trading account.

Thank you for the info

Gandalf6969 #: Thank you for the info

You are welcome!

Reason: