Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 675

Vladimir, thank you very much for the example!!!!

Except that "Step by step. Step one - start the tester from the terminal(single pass), test on the history, with visualization:" Well, it does not work in the OPTIMIZATION mode

What happens in init() in the optimization mode?

Leo59:
Vladimir, thank you very much for the example!!!!

But "Step by step. Step one - start the tester from the terminal(single pass), test on the history, with visualization:" Well, it does not work in the OPTIMIZATION mode

What happens in init() in the optimization mode?

In optimization mode there is no visual interface (i.e. no graphics). There are no "Experts" tabs either - i.e. there is simply no place to display information from Print(). There is also another argument for not having prints in optimization mode: you can have a hundred or a million runs in the optimization mode. If you allow each run in optimization mode to prints, your computer will burst - not enough space on the hard drives.

Although, there is one option - it is not for beginners :)

Vladimir Karputov:

In visual interface optimisation mode (i.e. no graphics). There are no "Experts" tabs either - i.e. there is simply nowhere to output information from Print(). There is also another argument for not having prints in optimization mode: you can have a hundred or a million runs in optimization mode. If you allow each run in optimization mode to prints, your computer will burst - not enough space on the hard drives.

Although, there is one option - it is not for beginners :)

There are restrictions on the operation of some functions in the client terminal strategy tester.

Functions Print() and PrintFormat()

To increase performance,Print() andPrintFormat() functions are not executed when optimizing EA parameters. "You throw the baby out with the bathwater".

The exception is the use of these functions inside theOnInit() handler. This makes it easier to find causes of errors when they occur. Doesn't work

Ah, that's a pity.

Vladimir, if you have a variant, please share))

Leo59:

Vladimir, if you have an option, please share ))

Not before you prove that you have switched to MetaTrader 5 😀

Vladimir Karputov:
Not until you prove you've switched to MetaTrader 5 😀
Is blackmailing already the order of the day?

Vladimir Karputov:

So is it worth continuing to sit on an old terminal whose support has ended?

And who stopped supporting MT4 and when?

Vladimir Karputov:
WHAT are you doing wrong: reading very fast or deliberately skipping text.

At the moment I'm sitting and debugging in MT4. In ME settings you can select the period of history to be tested, but debugging works with current dates. Well that's not really a big deal...

But you wrote exactly that, the main premise in the construction of your sentence was that debugging is not possible at all in MT4. Reread it again, and pay attention to the emphasis placed within the sentence. The fact that you wrote HISTORY THAT way is quickly masked by the rest of your sentence, which is longer, more full of meaning, and the emphasis is just there - on the second part of your sentence. I think you are doing this on purpose to mislead newcomers.

Good evening, how do I make Alert ring as often as I like and not just once.

Movlat Baghiyev:
Good evening, how do I make Alert ring as often as I want it to, not just when it comes up.
I will have to write my own message window, with a looped sound. But if you write it in pure MQL, the Expert Advisor will only ring until you press the OK button.

Movlat Baghiyev:
Good evening, how do I make Alert ring as often as I want it to, not just when it comes on.
Describe the task in more detail, please.
Reason: