Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 19

Ekburg:

Please help.

I have a working terminal and an additional one from another broker. I made an EA which enters all necessary actions into a file and an EA in another terminal, which can read information from this file and duplicate these actions. But the EA cannot work with other directories than the terminal directory, how do I link these two files, or just how to synchronize the two terminals, by means of what? Can I use the Expert Advisor to make corrections to files in folders other than the terminal?

Maybe the library will help.

TarasBY:

For two years now, IndicatorCounted() has been returning the number of bars counted minus one.

The counter must be decreased by 1 at each iteration.

Still, something goes wrong... The indicator hangs when a new bar opens or after restarting the terminal.

Dear Professionals! I've just mastered the MQL4 tutorial and wrote my own arbitrage Expert Advisor. My Expert Advisor compiles without errors, but does not enter the market. I have no idea what is wrong. I checked everything ten times. I cannot run it on the Strategy Tester at the same time. This message says 2013.06.27 23:46:08 TestGenerator: no history data 'GBPUSD5'.

This gives rise to some non-standard issues that I personally could not find on the forum. Of course, I will keep searching, but I would be extremely grateful if someone could give me some tips or send me a link:

1) Are there any examples of simple arbitrage strategies anywhere. (All these appeals to time series of other symbols break the whole thing)

2) Can such strategies be tested by a tester? I mean arbitrage ones with few symbols, of course.

3) I have a little experience in programming (of course), and I am interested in methods of debugging an Expert Advisor that does not work correctly or does not work at all. Is it only possible to write alerts everywhere ( that the action is performed, etc.)? Maybe there are some stopping points like in other languages compilers?

I will be very grateful to any advice! To be honest, I'm sinking my teeth - 300 lines of code for a beginner is too steep.Unfortunately, the Expert Advisor code I can not lay out, or I can partially if necessary. Please help!

internal stack overflow-simplify the program, please
What does this mean and how can I deal with it?

Leo59:
internal stack overflow-simplify the program, please
What does it mean and how to fight it?

Internal stack overflow, please simplify the program.

It means that you have messed up something crazy there, and you can fight it by structuring the logic of the program.

tara:

Internal stack overflow, please simplify the program.

It means that you have made a mess of things, but you can fight it by structuring the logic of the program.

How can you increase the stack if you can?

In µl, I don't know.

But it's not a memory allocation problem, it's your fault. Recursion is more likely.

tara:

In µl, I don't know.

But it's not a memory allocation problem, it's your fault. Recursion is more likely.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to find the fault.

Not for anything.

Leo59:

How do you increase the stack if you can?
stacksize
Reason: