Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 152

sConvertCoords111

satorifx:

I see, thanks for the 'help'.

Who has the real solution, rather than "show what is too far from the solution"?

If you are not initially able to adequately formulate the question of your search

And further criticise the desperate attempts of programmers to help you (the misunderstood, the misunderstood)

What have you forgotten here, who needs veiled rudeness in response to help?

ALXIMIKS:

If you are not initially able to adequately formulate the question of your search

And further criticize the desperate attempts of programmers to help you (the misunderstood)

What are you forgetting here, who needs veiled rudeness in response to help?

Come on. Let him cross the two frames of reference. It's always possible to do something without looking at resource intensity at the expense of performance.

satorifx:

I see, thanks for the "help".

Who has a real solution and not a "show what's too far away from the solution"?

Let me explain: we have a label, which has coordinates (x,y) (these are the same coordinates in MT4 window). We have to set this label programmatically at the floor price on the chart (can be obtained via WindowPriceMin() ). If the label will not appear at the floor price (eg after increasing the height of the indicator at the bottom of the screen), then set the required coordinates (x,y), so that it is at floor price again.

The tricky part is linking the (x,y) and (time, price) coordinates to each other.

Maybe someone has done something similar?

Why are you obsessing over label, OBJ_TEXT is just that, coordinates (price, time).

r772ra:
Why are you obsessing over label, OBJ_TEXT is just that, coordinates (price, time).

I understand that he wants the object not to move horizontally, but vertically to be positioned at the lowest price of the bars visible on the screen. I showed him the first part of his question - how to find the minimal price on the chart. He did not understand and barked at me. Now let him look for himself how to do what he needs without crossing two coordinate systems. This is easy. Maybe someone else will do it for him, but I take my leave. I do not like boorish and freeloaders - he did not even bother to look into the matter and write something in the code himself.

artmedia70:
I showed him the first part of his question - how to find the minimum price on the chart at all. He didn't understand me and barked at me. Now let him look for himself how to do what he needs without crossing the two coordinate systems. This is easy. Maybe someone else will do it for him, but I take my leave. I do not like boorish and freeloaders - he did not even bother to look into the matter and write something himself in the code.

Artemis, you started from the second post explaining to the man that he was combining white with hot, and the only thing you explained was the part of the question that no one asked you about. I happen to know how much code this man wrote, and it was YOU who didn't get into the point, not him. By the way, this code he is not writing for himself, but for people.

So if you do not want or cannot help, at least do not interfere and do not accuse others of your sins.

Men who are more knowledgeable, please help satorifx. He really needs to mix the white with the hot, but it is not his fault... You yourself know the specifics of MT4, where things from the same opera are sung on different stages (different coordinate systems).

EVladMih:

Artemis, you started from the second post explaining to the man that he was combining white with hot, and the only thing you explained was the part of the question that no one asked you about. I happen to know how much code this man wrote, and it was YOU who didn't get into the point, not him. By the way, this code he is not writing for himself, but for people.

So if you do not want or cannot help, at least do not interfere and do not accuse others of your sins.

Men who are more knowledgeable, please help satorifx. He really needs to mix the white with the hot, but it's not his fault... You know the specifics of MT4, where things from one opera are sung on different stages (different coordinate systems).

When a person asks for help and expects one thing and gets another, that's no reason to be rude.

So he might get a ban soon

Vinin:

When a person asks for help and expects one thing and receives another, that's no reason to be rude.

So he might get a ban soon.

Are you talking to me or SatoriFX? If for me - I agree, I overreacted a bit, but only seeing the behavior of artmedia70, and if addressed to satorifx, I am completely perplexed! The man asked a perfectly adequate question that needs to be addressed. And he does not need explanations that he is not and does not do the right thing.

He really needs to link 2 different coordinate variants that exist in MT4 "by themselves" without knowing anything about each other. The task is to determine the exact moment of a trendline crossing. No one in runet has solved this problem, all the trend signalers give wild mistakes! They depend on the time frame of the terminal window, rather than on the fact of actual crossover. The difference may reach dozens of points!

Well, accusing him of being lazy is what really deserves a ban. Don't know an art-media person, let him keep his tongue to himself. satorifx is still a novice mql4 coder, but he does necessary, useful things and has done nothing for himself personally, he does everything only for people. I know him personally and I respect him a lot, that's why I joined in.

Not one of us would probably mind a well-deserved ban, but we should probably not divide people in bathhouses based on the principle local / non-local.

EVladMih:

Are you talking to me or to satorifx? If it was to me, I agree, I was a bit over the top, but only seeing artmedia70's behaviour, and if it was to satorifx, I'm completely baffled! The man asked a perfectly adequate question that needs to be addressed. And he does not need explanations that he is not and does not do the right thing.

He really needs to link 2 different coordinate variants that exist in MT4 "by themselves" without knowing anything about each other. The task is to determine the exact moment of a trendline crossing. No one in runet has solved this problem, all the trend signalers give wild mistakes! They depend on the time frame of the terminal window, rather than on the fact of actual crossover. The difference can be up to dozens of points when compared to a real crossover.

Well, accusing him of being lazy is what truly deserves a ban. Don't know an art-media person, let him keep his tongue to himself. satorifx is still a novice mql4 coder, but he does necessary, useful things and has done nothing for himself personally, he does everything only for people. I know him personally and I respect him a lot, that's why I joined in.

Not one of us would probably mind a well-deserved ban, but we should probably not divide people in bathhouses based on the principle local / non-local.

Not to you, but the post was right on point.

EVladMih:

Men who are more knowledgeable, please help satorifx. He really needs to mix the white with the hot, but it is not his fault... You know the specifics of MT4, where things from the same opera are sung on different stages (different coordinate systems).

First of all. First of all, I'm not speaking to you on a first-name basis. Second - learn to read a person's nickname correctly, since you cannot use it. Third - I will give you a hint on how to identify the crossover with the trend line. In the example written specifically for beginners, the trend line itself is not used for calculations. It is only a clue in what direction to move. However, there are a lot of methods for this problem. It is not necessary to dwell on the problem of incompatibility of coordinates, but to decide how to get out of the situation with the available input data.

И... this... I can write what you haven't yet dreamed of...

Reason: