Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 157

smart:
How to calculate the profit factor at different t/p and s/l. Ok, if we take and stop on, say, 20 pips then we calculate number of profitable and losing trades and divide them. How do I calculate if I take 40 pips and stop 30 pips? We'll use it in the same way we use it in the same way we use it in the same place.

The Profit Factor is calculated as the ratio of the sum of all profits to the sum of all losses (Gross Profit/Gross Loss) during a certain period of time.

Profit factor = ((number of profitable trades) * tp*(pip price)+(positive swaps)) / ((number of losing trades)*sl* (pip price) + negative swaps)

I understand it like this

paladin80:
When testing an EA, put different combinations of profit and loss and the tester will calculate the profit factor itself.

Thank you, can I calculate it manually? I don't have an EA.

ALXIMIKS:

Profit factor is calculated as a ratio of the sum of all profits to the sum of all losses (Gross Profit/Gross Loss) for a certain period of time.

Profit factor = ((number of profitable trades) * tp + (positive swaps)) / ((number of losing trades)/sl + negative swaps)

as I understood it this way

Oh, I see. Easier then, thanks!

Look more closely, I've made some typos)))

smart:

Thank you, but can you calculate it manually? There is no Expert Advisor.
ProfitFactor is the ratio of total profit to total loss. One means that the sum of profits equals the sum of losses. If you want to calculate the Profit Factor of an existing account and you have a long history, it is easier to connect the account to the Signals, and this and other parameters will be calculated immediately.

paladin80:
Profit Factor is the ratio of total profit to total loss. One means that the sum of profits equals the sum of losses. If you need to calculate the profit factor of the existing account, and you have a long history, it is easier to connect the account to Signals, and this and other parameters will be calculated immediately.
And then you will have a hard time switching it off.

paladin80:
Profit Factor is the ratio of total profit to total loss. One means that the sum of profits equals the sum of losses. If you need to calculate the Profit Factor of an existing account, and you have a long history, it is easier to connect the account to Signals, and this and other parameters will be calculated immediately.

Or generate a report in the terminal ;)

artmedia70:
And then the agony of disconnecting...
You don't have to disconnect, you can just throw it in as private and no one sees it but yourself.

I have a couple of questions.

-The market is resting over the weekend, in fact the indicator does not want to perform actions. For example just write some record.... How do I make it do that?

-I can't find an article in the tutorial where functions for working with arrays are prescribed...

Zolotai:

I have a couple of questions.

-The market is resting over the weekend, in fact the indicator does not want to perform actions. For example just write some record.... How do I make it do that?

-I can't find an article in the tutorial that prescribes functions to work with arrays...

1 - Write and run the script

2 - https://book.mql4.com/ru/variables/arrays

Осуществлять операции с массивами можно также с помощью стандартных функций. Для получения подробной информации о работе 
этих функций обратитесь к справочной документации на сайте производителя (http://docs.MQL4.com/ru) или 
к разделу "Справка" в редакторе MetaEditor. Некоторые из этих функций рассматриваются в дальнейшем изложении.
https://docs.mql4.com/ru/array
Reason: