Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 1086

Hi, could you tell me how to put Bollinger Bands and RSI indicators in one window in MT4? I need to overlay Bollinger Bands on RSI.

Thank you.

Tepih8:

Hi, could you tell me how to put Bollinger Bands and RSI indicators in one window in MT4? I need to overlay Bollinger Bands on RSI.

Thank you.

Drag and drop the BB onto the window with the RSI and put the indicator data as the price. Or iBandsOnArray() if writing your own indicator.

I moved this comment to the beginning, no one has answered, but I really need it =/
Can this be implemented:if I press a key, one part of the indicator code is activated (responsible for creating an object with a mouse click), then if an event occurs (the second part of the code, the event may be, creating the same object for example), the first part is disabled (and if not, the object is created by each click), and also runs when you press the key, and so on in a circle)

Good afternoon. Help me write the following code, for an EA. I want to do through an array (if you have a better option, please help). In general, the EA sends messages, but I want the EA to send them via an array (temporary). I.e. when the start of sending the message, the Expert Advisor checks if the message has been sent earlier (checks if the message is stored in the array), if not, it sends the message, if the message is found, then the sending is omitted. I hope it is clear) Thank you very much!

evillive:
Drag and drop the BB onto the RSI window and set the indicator data as the price. Or iBandsOnArray() if writing your own indicator.
MT4. I tried dragging Bollinger Bands to RSI window. But it stubbornly refuses to overlay. I have not understood where to place price for indicator data (Bollinger Bands has not such an option). Thank you.

Tepih8:
MT4: I tried to put Bollinger Bands in window with RSI. But it stubbornly refuses to overlap. I have not understood where to put the price of indicator data (Bollinger Bands has not such an option). Thank you.

No problem, standard BB on any RSI. But it is the STANDARD BB that comes with the terminal, not a self-made one. Select the price as on the screenshot:

The result is as follows

evillive:

No problem, standard BB on any RSI. But it is the STANDARD BB that comes with the terminal, not a self-made one. Select the price as on the screenshot:

The result is as follows

It worked. Thank you very much. Yes, a century of learning and still .......

Afternoon! Recently in MT4 installed in Windows XP mail sending from the terminal is very delayed, the record in MT4 Log about sending mail, for example: Mail: 'Test message' has been sent, appears on the average in 5 minutes after the command. At the same time, such glitch is not observed in MT4 installed in Windows 7.

Please advise how to fix it.

Can you tell me how to change the colouring of the graph in the main window? I want to make it dim so that my indicator is more visible. Are the chart options available in the software at all?

rabanik:
Good afternoon. Please help me write the following code, for an EA. I want to do through an array (if you have a better option, please help). In general, the EA sends messages, but I want it to send them through an array (temporary). I.e. when the start of sending the message, the Expert Advisor checks if the message has been sent earlier (checks if the message is stored in the array), if not, it sends the message, if the message is found, then the sending is omitted. I hope it is clear) Thank you very much!

Are you sure about the problem statement?

Simply, there are options:

- Do not repeat the last message

- to ignore the outdated one (some time lag is set), i.e. the message must be repeated.

P.S. The first variant is a special case of the second, but it is much easier to implement. Your definition of the problem is also a special case of the second variant with infinite lag.

If it interests you, here is the solution of your problem.

We define two arrays: a text one, which stores messages, and an index one, for searching messages.

The index array is of int type. In the first dimension we write the checksum of the text message. In the second - the line number of the first array. An index array is sorted by first dimension.

We get a new message. Read its checksum. Using ArrayBsearch() function find such message. If it is not found, then the message is original. Add it to the array of messages and, checksum with reference to the index array, remembering to sort it.

What are the options for the checksum? I'd take this one: take into account the number of characters and the checksum of the text. The checksum of the text, for example, is the sum of the character codes. Given recent changes, it cannot exceed 65 536*256. That is, the message checksum may look as follows:

the number of characters multiplied by 10 million and add the text checksum.

Reason: