Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 1074

nikelodeon:
Good day to all. Guys tell me how you can build an indicator from an indicator. e.g. a mask built on another mask, or Momentum built not on close prices, but on another Momentum???? So-called building an indicator from an indicator....
MA from another indicator isiMAOnArray. There are also other ready-made functions in the same section, the sameiMomentumOnArray. You can build your own functions in the same way. Or search the forum and kodobase, maybe there are already ready-made ones.

evillive:
MA from another indicator isiMAOnArray. There are also other ready-made functions in the same section, the sameiMomentumOnArray. You can build your own functions in the same way. Or you can search the forum and kodobase to see if there are any ready-made ones.
Thanks a lot, I remembered for sure that there are already functions. Thank you...

Friends, can anyone suggest a trend indicator such as a waving machine, but with overbidding and ahead of the market. Like a filter... If I wanted to get a good signal when the market is heating up, I would not have to worry about it. Thanks!!!!

nikelodeon:... indicator ... and be ahead of the market. Smoothing well and not slowing down ...
1. All indicators are meant to be ahead of the market. Look at their descriptions in MT4. You just have to understand them
2. For good smoothing you should just increase the period.
3. The indicator slows down as it is completely recalculated on every tick. See Alert second parameter prev_calculated and what return(rates_total) returns
4. The best indicator is, IMHO, intuition. To develop it you need to look at the chart for a long time.
Just watch how 10 000 bars pass. To speed it up you need a script that moves the history.
Then we need to look at two synchronized charts - a lower and a higher one. Then we need charts of different symbols. After that one should watch and think about the entry points.

LRA:
1. All indicators are designed to be leading. Look at the indicator descriptions in MT4. You just have to get into them
2. For good smoothing you just need to increase the period.
3. The indicator is slow because it is completely recalculated on every tick. See Alert for the second parameter prev_calculated, and what returns return(rates_total).
4. The best indicator is, IMHO, intuition. To develop it you need to look at the chart for a long time.
Just watch how 10 000 bars pass. To speed it up you need a script that moves the history.
Then we need to look at two synchronized charts - a lower and a higher one. Then we need charts of different symbols. After that one should look at and think about entry points.
You got a little confused, all indicators are lagging by definition. This is the first one. The second increase in period is not always beneficial. It stops drawing small peaks and troughs. Third, my indicator counts once per bar, and fourth. How do you put your intuition into program code???? To be honest your answer is 0......+ useless

Programming question, I have a terminal with Alpari and Grand Capital, on Alpari the advisor opens orders on Grand Capital not, I can't understand why
Files:
bogcbbc.mq4  4 kb

Foxonn:
I have a question about programming, I have a terminal with Alpari and Grand Capital, but Alpari Expert Advisor opens orders on Grand Capital but I can not understand why

I would experiment with the expiry time. A trade opening is requested, but a non-zero "Pending order expiry time" TimeExp = 5 is passed to OrderSend. According to the help, even in a legal pending order setting request

"On some trade servers there may be a prohibition on pending order expiry times. In this case an error 147 (ERR_TRADE_EXPIRATION_DENIED) will be generated when trying to set a non-zero value in the expiration parameter."

And, just in case, the expiry time is passed in seconds (datetime type). The value 5, I suspect, refers to minutes.

Foxonn:
Question about programming, I have a terminal with Alpari and Grand Capital, on Alpari the advisor opens orders on Grand Capital not, I cannot understand why

For market orders it does not make sense to specify an expiry time. And always ask for an error number after querying the server, it always helps to find the reasons for failures.

ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_SELL, Lots, Bid, Slippage, 0, 0, TimeExp, Magic, 0, Red); 
if(ticket<0) Print("Упс, ошибочка вышла, номер ", GetLastError());

Vlad143 andevillive, Thanks for your help, I will report back on Monday.

Good afternoon to everyone who is not resting on a Saturday! Here's a little snippet of code:if((total==0) || (total>0 && OrderSelect(1,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_TRADES)==true && OrderSymbol()!=Symbol()))
{
if((here we have a strategy condition) && timeBar!=iTime(Symbol(),Period(),1))
{
sellcloseprice = NormalizeDouble((iOpen(Symbol(),Period(),0)-50*Point(),Digits);
int poz_1 = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,lot,Bid,slip,0,sellcloseprice,NULL,magic,Red);
Sleep(2000);
RefreshRates();
int poz_2 = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,lot,Bid,slip,0,sellcloseprice,NULL,magic,Red);
Sleep(2000);
RefreshRates();
int poz_3 = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,lot,Bid,slip,0,sellcloseprice,NULL,magic,Red);
Sleep(2000);
RefreshRates();
int poz_4 = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,lot,Bid,slip,0,sellcloseprice,NULL,magic,Red);
Sleep(2000);
RefreshRates();
int poz_5 = OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,lot,Bid,slip,0,sellcloseprice,NULL,magic,Red);
timeBar=iTime(Symbol(),Period(),1);
sellopentime = iTime(Symbol(),Period(),0);
Comment("Magic 513015 sell");
} and similarly for BAY.It opens the specified number of positions at the moment of conditions occurrence. But if we add one more before the initial if(timeBar!=iTime(Symbol(),Period(),0)) {Print("EXTRARISE MODE ON !!!");timeBar=iTime(Symbol(),Period(),0);} then three times more sells are opened and four times more BAYs for some reason. Can someone explain why this effect? I apologise for not using SRC, it's not working for me for some reason.
Reason: