Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 1057

tara:
It doesn't. The bar may consist of a single tick, or it may include dozens or hundreds. It may not take place at all due to absence of ticks. You can estimate the time of the bar interval ending, but it will be closed only at the moment of the next bar opening.
Let's say, it was important for me to determine the time, 10 seconds before the closure of each five minutes, and since the analysis includes 28 currency pairs, so for some currency pair this bar will be, and the number of ticks in my case does not matter.

ara66676:
Let's just say that it was important for me to determine the time 10 seconds before the close of each five minutes, and since there are 28 currency pairs in the analysis, this bar will be for some pair, and the number of ticks in my case is not important.

It won't work. The time for different pairs is quantised in the same way, but not synchronously.

How can I bind the indicator shift toOBJ_VLINE so that by moving it, the indicator changes its value?

Forexman77:
How to bind indicator shift toOBJ_VLINE so that by moving it, the indicator will change its value?
Use OnChartEvent() to read the line shift event and recalculate what is needed.

artmedia70:
Use OnChartEvent() to read the line shift event and recalculate what is needed.

Thank you, I've done it!

How to make the indicator redraw after dragging the line.

Forexman77:

Thank you, I've done it!

How do I make the indicator redraw after dragging the line?

Here you need to understand exactly what you want to redraw.

You may have to completely recalculate all of the indicator buffers.
You should experiment with the indicator's behavior and its reactions to external changes of its internal variables.

Frankly speaking, I've never tried it (no... well, of course, I did, and many times I made indicators that react to events and draw what is required. But I originally used a non-standard approach for drawing buffers ). Make a test indicator, which draws something (at least two or three points on the screen on the nearest bars) and try to change its buffer value using events. If it changes - this is one way to work with your indicator, if not - this is another approach to be considered. Maybe, all calculations will be passed to the timer, or you will have to do one cycle of recalculation directly in OnChartEvent() after the necessary event is detected...

In short - experiments are needed...

how to open the registration letter dat file????

CAN this algorithm be programmed. My head is boiling for the third week!

Hello, I am trying to program the algorithm, it works, but it does not open sell order when comparing prices. I have been working with this algorithm for a third week! I won't send you my code as I tried to write it but it just does not work. Please tell me whether it is possible to implement this program? And if you do not mind throwing a code will be very grateful!

The program opens Buy order, take the opening price of the order and compare Buy and compare it to the price of Bid, and in the case where the opening price of the order will be equal to the price of Bid open Sell order at the opening price of the order Buy.

Hello, could you please tell me where I can download the quote archive? In MT4 I select the archive of quotes, forex, eurusd, download, I get the message that the archive will be downloaded from the server Metacquotes Corp., a download bar appears and that's it.... there is no archive, just an empty window.

m8akca:

CAN this algorithm be programmed. My head is boiling for the third week!

Hello, I am trying to program the algorithm, it works, but it does not open sell order when comparing prices. I have been working with this algorithm for a third week! I won't send you my code as I tried to write it but it just does not work. Please tell me whether it is possible to implement this program? And if you do not mind, please send me the code will be very grateful!

The programme: We open a Buy order, take the opening price of the Buy order and compare it with the Bid price and when the opening price of the Buy order is equal to the Bid price, open a Sell order at the opening price of the Buy order.

You can program almost everything, and this algorithm all the more.

There is only one problem in the algorithm (in bold), it may happen that it will not be equal for a very long time (may be several years). That is why in this case we should not set the check condition equal ==, but equal to or greater than =>. At the same time, after opening an order, we should prohibit opening further orders, which makes the head boil.

Reason: