Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 1062

Sniki:

Some brokers do not support closing with counter orders, so the following question is

How can we programmatically obtain information whether the broker supportsOrderCloseBy or not?

Performing an action with the closure of opposite orders, getting an error (#3), and so defining - is not an option,

we need an option to determine beforehand

Have you tried putting the right parameters into the function?

AlexeyVik:
And you didn't try to put the correct parameters into the function?

All parameters are correct, I can read the error code myself.

This error is generated in any case if you close with counter orders, at a broker that does not support this function.

The question was different,

how do I knowwhether the broker supportsOrderCloseByor not?

Without having to do the closing itself

GOOD PEOPLE, COULD YOU PLEASE ADVISE HOW TO BETTER IMPLEMENT THE FOLLOWING STRUCTURE?)

There are two BUY orders at 1.100 with lots 0.01 and 0.02 and StopLoss at 1.200. I need if the BID price has reached the StopLoss price of the BUY order (1.200) to open a SELL order at the StopLoss price of the BUY order (1.200) with 0.03 lot or to open two SELL orders at the StopLoss price of the BUY order (1.200) with 0.01 and 0.02 lot.

BACKGROUND!

Sniki:

All parameters are correct, I can read the error code myself.

This error is generated in any case if you close with counter orders, at a broker that does not support this function.

The question was different,

how do I knowwhether the broker supportsOrderCloseByor not?

without having to close the order itself

I have a lot of doubts... Can you name a broker? And is there something about it in the broker's terms and conditions?

You see, the traders' applications processing inside the brokerage company is often mentioned as an argument for insolvency of brokerage companies without sending them to interbank. But all brokerage companies use it, what is the point of searching counterparties via interbank if they are right there. And when we close opposite orders we do not need to search at all, we need a counterparty by ourselves. What reason would use a broker to prohibit it?

And I would like to see information on orders and the OrderCloseBy() line.

AlexeyVik:

Can you name a broker?

https://privatefx.com/

And order information and OrderCloseBy() string I'd like to see.

OrderCloseBy(100545, 100548);

error 4108 if order type or ticket is wrong

Sniki:

https://privatefx.com/

I thought nothing could surprise me anymore...

I was wrong...

Does tech support say anything about the reasons for this ban?

I wrote an Expert Advisor that determines when to enter the market based on the trend line. Why, when I run it in the tester, it does not make any trades, but when I run it on the chart, it works fine.

mould:
I wrote an Expert Advisor that determines when to enter the market based on the trend line. Why, when I start it in the Strategy Tester no trades are executed, but when I run it on the chart, everything is working properly?
And in the tester, in visualization mode?

evillive:
And in the tester in visualisation mode?
and how do you switch this mode on?

mould:
but how do you enable this mode?

Check the box in the tester window, bottom left:

Reason: