[ARCHIVE]Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Can't go anywhere without you - 5. - page 51

Happy New Year!

Can you please tell me why I can't open the indicator window where the settings are extern. And the indicator was working normally.

picture won't load...

I mean, when I start the indicator, the settings window opens, but there are only "GENERAL" "COLOURS" "DISPLAY", the window with extern settings NO!!!! Recompiled via txt format, same story.

Downloaded new MT4 from another company, same story. Wrote a small trial turkey... no settings window...

Did a GLOBAL reinstallation of OS!!!!

Same problem....

What's up??????????????

SOS SOS SOS

As the picture is not uploaded (writes failure) posted the code. The value by Extern: MA_Period should open in a separate window of the indicator, but this window of settings is missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#property copyright "Copyright 2013, MetaQuotes Software Corp."
#property link      "http://www.metaquotes.net"

#property indicator_chart_window
#property indicator_buffers 1
#property indicator_color1 Green

extern int MA_Period           = 8;
//------

kopeyka:

this settings window PROPERLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

because #property LIBRARY is in the file or plug-in file!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!11

sergeev:

because #property LIBRARY is in the file or plug-in file!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!11

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                                          123.mq4 |
//|                        Copyright 2013, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |
//|                                        http://www.metaquotes.net |
#property copyright "Copyright 2013, MetaQuotes Software Corp."
#property link      "http://www.metaquotes.net"

#property indicator_chart_window
extern int MA_Period = 60;

//| Custom indicator initialization function                         |
int init()
  {
//---- indicators
//----
   return(0);
  }
//| Custom indicator deinitialization function                       |
int deinit()
  {
//----
      ObjectDelete("123");
//----
   return(0);
  }
//| Custom indicator iteration function                              |
int start()
  {
   int    counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();
//----
   Line ("123", Time[60], iClose(Symbol(),MA_Period,1), 0, Red);
//----
   return(0);
  }
void Line (string NameLine, datetime tm, double prs, int stl, color clr)
{
   ObjectDelete(NameLine);
   ObjectCreate(NameLine, OBJ_HLINE, 0, tm, prs);
   ObjectSet(NameLine, OBJPROP_TIME1, tm);
   ObjectSet(NameLine, OBJPROP_PRICE1, prs);
   ObjectSet(NameLine, OBJPROP_STYLE, stl);
   ObjectSet(NameLine, OBJPROP_COLOR, clr);
} 

Made a TEST indicator. It draws a red line but no window. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET IT BACK TO NORMAL?????

Again it only shows THREE windows: "GENERAL" "COLORS" "DISPLAY", but where's the settings window??? HOW DO I GET IT BACK??? I don't know anymore....(((

kopeyka:

Made a TEST indicator. It draws a red line but no window. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET IT BACK TO NORMAL?????

Again it gives out only THREE windows: "GENERAL" "COLORS" "DISPLAY", but where is the settings window??? HOW TO GET IT BACK??? I don't know anymore....(((

Make friends with your hands, files, monitors.

i have faith that it will work out for you.

Is there an EA which opens a new order as soon as the price moves down or up by 75 pips from the opening price of the last order?

7erj:
Does such a function or Expert Advisor exist, which opens new orders as soon as the price goes down or up by 75 pips from the open price of the last order?

I have no time to read and study the manual.

If yes, go to the jooba.

If not, read here - it's called conditional if-else statement.

+ You have to read the manual and study it:

Function GetOrderOpenPrice().

That's all.

sergeev:

make friends with your hands, your files, your monitors.

I do believe you can do it.

I am friendly...But guys, honestly, here's an easy one: 1) pristine comp. 2) clean terminal, 3) parabolic native MT4, and extern settings window NO!!!!! What happened? Everything seemed to be fine before. I.e. EXTERN indicator settings window does not see at all.... only "GENERAL" "COLOURS" "DISPLAY".

At least tell me what to read. And then, WHY read, if the parabolic is preinstalled, it MUST show the settings window!!!

sergeev : You at least explain, because it's not serious, you wrote off, as if sent.... Explain where to look, I did not ask for more. The essence has already described.

P.S. If you moderator site explain WHERE this information is.

A quote from a textbook on extern

"External variables define the input parameters of a program, they are accessible from the program properties window. Arrays cannot act as external variables."

so what??? I've known this for a long time, I don't KNOW what happened to the distributions!!! MT4, as they are clean and their own indicators!!! by extern do not see, i.e. they do not open the settings window. I have already written a lot of indicators and my hands are fine, the problem is not clear PRINCIPLE!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Similar problem is discussed here https://forum.mql4.com/ru/20908/page1

Here is the conclusion:

valeryk 03.01.2013 20:26

abeiks:

I have the same problem. I've installed MT4 and there is no input parameters tab for standard Expert Advisor MACD Sample and Moving Average. The #property library line has nothing to do with it. I uninstalled and reinstalled MT4 still no "Input Parameters". Previously installed MT4 all is OK. Where is the problem?

The problem is in the latest build of the editor. You can replace it with the previous version, it worked for me. However, you will have to recompile everything.

P.S.

Changed builds of editor. Everything works fine...)))

Could you tell me if the expert can draw the indicator on the chart or in a separate window, and if so, how?

-Aleksey-:
Could you tell me if the Expert Advisor can draw the indicator on the chart or in a separate window, if so how?
The Expert Advisor can only draw objects both on the chart and in the separate window, if it is present.

Please advise how to make an EA output a comment on top of a frame that covers the chart to make it readable, I've seen this implemented but I don't know how.

I do not know how to do it now:

It should be like this:

Reason: