Humour - page 381

tara:

Well, yes - Honolulu is where the pendos got eaten when the burgers ran out because of the alien attack on Pearl Harbor.

Well, the pendos didn't even reach the West Coast of North America, let alone Hawaii, and there was no United States as they are seen now, just a bunch of counties-states (only 13 in number) on the Atlantic coast, who had just started to fight for independence from the British Empire.

But the fact that almost all available sources (well, apart from Vysotsky's song, of course) say that Cook died in Hawaii is unreasonable to deny.

evillive:

Well, the Penders didn't even reach the West Coast of North America in those years, let alone Hawaii, and the US as we see it now was not there yet, just a bunch of counties-states (only 13 in number) on the Atlantic coast, who had just started to fight for independence from the British Empire.

But it is unreasonable to deny that almost all available sources (well, except Vysotsky's song, of course) say that Cook died in Hawaii.

Slightly southwest of that, but not in Australia. I'm a supporter of the former version of Papua New Guinea. If you want to refer to Wiki, it states that Resolution flew from the Aleutians to Hawaii in two days. For reference: today's flight from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky to Vladivostok is scheduled to take 82 hours. The schedule is more or less stable in July or August.

ZZZ Don't insist on anything, because it's not important :)

tara:

Slightly southwest, but not in Australia. I am in favour of the former version of Papua New Guinea. If you want to refer to Wiki, it says that Resolution flew from the Aleutians to Hawaii in two days. For reference: today's flight from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky to Vladivostok is scheduled to take 82 hours. The schedule is more or less stable in July or August.

SZZ Don't insist on anything, because it doesn't matter :)

I wish to say, it's not 2 days at all, but more than a month, with a fair wind and a current:

(c) Wiki.

"...On October 2, 1778, Cook reachedthe Aleutian Islands; here he met Russian industrialists who provided him with a map to study. The Russian map was vastly more complete than Cook's; it included islands unknown to Cook, and the outlines of many of the lands Cook had drawn only approximately were drawn with a high degree of detail and accuracy. Cook famously redrawn this map and named the strait separating Asia and America after Bering.

On October 24, 1778, the ships leftthe Aleutian Islands and reachedHawaii on November 26...".

All recognised, I admit, but the question remains: Vitaly, why did Australia come up in the first place?

tara:
I've realised everything, I admit, but the question remains: Vitaly, why did Australia come up in the first place?
Well, Vysotsky's song is about Australia, not Hawaii ;)

Well, yes. About Australia.

What are they like?

And that's something I wouldn't risk posting here. 18+

AlexeyVik:
And that's something I wouldn't risk posting here. 18+
I don't even dare read to the end

DJDJ22:
I didn't even risk reading to the end.
And the part about "Onion juice is easily washed off with turpentine." Did you read it?
Reason: