[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 292

tara:

I had a hunch. Just - thought: why is it in this thread.

Is it really such a big secret?

Yes, for a little company like that :)

Good day all! Knowledgeable people, advise how to write a condition:

if the total loss of open positions on the account is equal to .... then

I use non-standard TFs on MT-4 - M21 M89 M377
they do not update automatically

i have noticed if you connect and disconnect the connection 2 times, all non-standard TFs will automatically update
which is more convenient than clicking update for each currency

EASTERNLY open charts, the terminal has been idle for several hours - all non-standard timeframes update automatically

what to press, where to press so that with a CONTINUOUS connection they all update at once?
i tried to open:market overview, login, click on currencies, minimize - maximize window

if i connect - disconnect - download gets interrupted.

Found it on the MT4 forum

AlexSilver 09.05.2006 16:13
Yes... The script is removed when new tick appears. If you want to use the copied it will be much faster.

Slawa 04.05.2006 10:29
There will be no online non-standard charts

only 2006 posts

if sometimes the charts update themselves - there must be some kind of pattern

As far as I can see, the whole problem is a double faulty connection

I think it is not difficult to write a script or something similar, so that in the panel, if necessary, an icon appears (or in the context menu, which is less convenient), which twice (at intervals of 5 seconds - so that there is no connection, then 5 seconds) will disconnect - connect connection and thus automatically update all the non-standard TF

at least do not touch the terminal for a couple of hours - it will update itself

But this is not the best solution - it does not always work and sometimes you need an update every half hour

thanks

Hello! I am following the series of articles on Transferring indicator code to EA code to transfer the opening signal (in the arrow indicator) to the EA.

I am now at the stage of creating an indicator function, but after making key changes, namely removing code outside of start, the function has stopped compiling.

Please give advice, share your experiences!

skyjet:

Hello! I am following the series of articles on Transferring indicator code to EA code to transfer the opening signal (in the arrow indicator) to the EA.

I am now at the stage of creating an indicator function, but after making key changes, namely removing code outside of start, the function has stopped compiling.

Please give advice, share your experiences!

Do you mean you want to make a function library in a separate file and it doesn't compile in that separate file, or is there a problem connecting the library to the code, or is the function in the code of your EA? If it is in your EA, are you correct in taking it out of the start area? If you want to throw the code here (if not grail), I'll take a look.

paladin80:
Do you mean you want to make a function library in a separate file and it doesn't compile in that separate file, or is there a problem connecting the library to the code, or is the function in the code of your EA? If it is in your EA, are you correct in moving it out of the start area? If you want to throw the code here (if not grail), I'll take a look.

Yes, yes - I create the indicator function in a separate file to mention it in the EA and get signals to open, and this is where I got stuck.

I got rid of the visual part of the indicator, except for the arrows; I titled the function

bool Get_IndSeries(string symbol, int timeframe, bool NullBarRecount,
                   int period0, int period1, int period2, 
                   double& InputBuffer0, double& InputBuffer1, 
                   double& InputBuffer2)

Moved the variables inside Start beforehand, then removed Start as a word. And of course a warning appears about the lack of Start

skyjet:

Yes, yes - I create the indicator function in a separate file to mention it in the EA and get signals to open, and this is where I get stuck. ...

Try creating a new file as a library and put your function in that structure:

//---
#property library
//--- Function start ---
bool Get_IndSeries(string symbol, int timeframe, bool NullBarRecount,
                   int period0, int period1, int period2, 
                   double& InputBuffer0, double& InputBuffer1, 
                   double& InputBuffer2)
{
Тело функции
}
//--- Function end ---

paladin80:

Try creating a ...

Is it worth it to take on fairly complex things with a basic level of training, without fully understanding what is going on? How about getting the data into an expert through the bush and working that way until experience and understanding comes?

Where is it written how to make an EA open only a certain number of orders while working on several charts?
Reason: