Wishes for MQL5 - page 71

BARS >> :

There aren't as many traders in asa who will have all sorts of clever discussions in the general chat, and nubics like me will peek =)

It is imperative that the user terminal follows microsoft's guidelines in terms of interface if running in windows. For example, when opening a child window, the program should put the input focus there so that keyboard messages arrive there. The context menu output command should not only respond to mouse messages. When the window is closed, it should bring the focus back, etc. All menu commands should be executed from the keyboard and always. It is good if the views can be tapped with TAB.

Dialog box entries should also be signed for keyboard shortcuts. There should be no more than one active button in the dialog.

In short, everything should work from the keyboard, and rightly so, because it's more convenient and faster.

The organization of profiles is kind of cryptic right now.

Removing symbols from the list also works unclear sometimes - we have to inform the user if a symbol cannot be removed and why.

An Expert Advisor does not receive bars missed during a connection failure - this is a crime, like theft of material resources, maybe on a large scale.

In MQL5 it is necessary that logical operations stop after the first zero value (from left to right), preferably the 'and' precedence should be higher than 'or'.

stringo >> :

No

Therefore, a clarifying question: will the 2009 CHAMPIONSHIP be held on mql4 or mql5 ?

budimir >> :

In connection with this, I have a question: will the 2009 CHAMPIONSHIP be run on mql4 or mql5 ?

Probably 4, 5 will have to be mastered... ...to rebuild...

and we need to wait for MT-5

P.s. Although they can do both :)

Will there ever be one?

Yeah, where's he going to go... Otherwise the developers will be eaten to death :)

Is it possible to create a separate panel for icons in MT5 so that they are accessible with a single click?

When visually debugging a strategy on a long history and other times, you need to manually add arrows etc.

It is very inconvenient to press a few buttons every time...

Also, I would like to be able to customize/add my own buttons - For example, I would add

another Trend Line, but with a different colour. As a result, you wouldn't have to switch colours every time

(for single cases it's not a problem, but when it needs to be repeated dozens of times...).

In mq-editor it would be great to be able to set background colour for selected modules/parts of code.

If your code is quite long and you have to jump from one part to another and vice versa, it's often hard to find the right line.

it is often hard to find the right lines. As the result a lot of time is wasted. The background colour was very quick and easy.

It's all little things, but very useful little things!

Thank you!

I really, VERY much want to!

Please, make a certain AC API, so that all parameters and all work with a specific AC are packaged in one DLL. Otherwise it turns out that we should install different terminals for different DCs in different directories, all the versions of terminals are different, in general, there is disorder, confusion and inconvenience. As it is, the terminal is the same, and the DC connection is just a matter of installing one tiny DLL-library.

A wish for the interface of the Expert Advisor or indicator:

1. the window should stretch out.

2. Add description of variables ( it is difficult to navigate in a strategy, even in your own, where the parameters are more than 10-15).

3. the possibility to combine external variables in blocks or even nested blocks.

For example, like this:

the construction in the script could be like this:

externblock list01("Параметры зигзага")
  {
  extern int extZZDepth=50;
    externComment( extZZDepth,"Глубина расчета зигзага");
  extern int extZZQ=12;
    externComment( extZZQ,"Колличество Отображаемых вершин");
  extern int MA_Period=21;
    externComment( MA_Period,"период МА ( хотя и так ясно )"); //а эту строку можно опустить
  extern double kDev=2;
    externComment( kDev,"коэффицент кретерия отклонения от хорды выборки");
  }
externblock list02("...")
  {...}
externblock list03("...")
  {...}
extern double var1;
extern double var2;

Or like this:

extern int extZZDepth=50;
  externComment( extZZDepth,"Глубина расчета зигзага");
extern int extZZQ=12;
  externComment( extZZQ,"Колличество Отображаемых вершин");
extern int MA_Period=21;
  externComment( MA_Period,"период МА ( хотя и так ясно )"); //а эту строку можно опустить
extern double kDev=2;
  externComment( kDev,"коэффицент кретерия отклонения от хорды выборки");

extern double var1;
extern double var2;

externblock list01("Параметры зигзага", extZZDepth, extZZQ, MA_Period, kDev)
externblock list02("Параметры Торговые", var1, var2, .....)

I work with a similar structure in ArchiCAD 8.0, in the library element variable settings, very handy stuff!

There, though, variable names are replaced by their description. If no description is given, the variable name is displayed. I think in our case both would be useful.

It looks like this:

4. it should be possible to set a fixed list of parameters for all variable types, e.g. like this:

extern int MA_method;
extern color CLR;
extern string STR;
 externParam("MA_method",0,1,2,3);
 externParam("CLR",Red,Green,NULL, CUSTOM); // параметр CUSTOM позволит пользователю задать цвет на свой вкус
 externParam("STR","wait","buy","sell");

Variables of bool type could be displayed with checkbox with explanation true / false

and join requests for code blocks by curly brackets !!!!

I also thought about how the MetaEditor window could be optimized, for example, it would be convenient for me:

In any case, please make it possible to fine-tune tab and panel windows, for example, I like Opera browser in this sense

Reason: