Which prevents the advisor from making money. - page 11

jelizavettka:

It seems to me that the number of parameters is very important for an EA. If a parameter can be calculated, it will not be sent to the external system, but will be defined in the program. The parameters in the settings are usually of the "you can guess or you can't" type.

In this case, any Expert Advisor is a grail! --- The main thing is to change the input pairs in time and successfully.

Not really. Imho, again.

Market volatility parameters, in the context of a particular EA's work, can well be measured - and they are different in different markets and symbols in forex, for example.

Although, yes, in particular on MT4, it is much safer to describe all parameters for a particular symbol as default values - sometimes it resets them - in case of failure. :( I did that once.

If you can guess or not - it depends on the trader. :) I prefer a well-tracked statistical advantage. Of course, the market volatility parameters can "float", but they do not do it so often. And in any case - no guesswork.

Azzx:

Although, yes, on MT4 specifically, it's much safer to describe all the parameters for a particular symbol as default values - sometimes it resets them - when it fails. :( I did that once.

I don't know what causes it, but I'm sure it's reset. When setting it to real, be sure to use the default settings.

Azzx:

Imho, of course, but it is not an unambiguous indication.

If this pile describes a real market phenomenon and not something "fitting" - the number of parameters is not important.

The Executive Module parameters have nothing to do with trading signals. These parameters only describe MM, stops, outlaws, trawl and locks.

All the rest can be solved by configuration of analyzers and their settings.

Among other things, the Expert Advisor is resistant to crashes, crashes, reloads.

+ Fresh version of the performer.

Azzx:

Not really. Again, it's not really true.

The parameters of market volatility, in the context of the specific EA operation, can be measured - and they are different in different markets and symbols on forex, for example.

Although, yes, in particular on MT4, it is much safer to describe all parameters for a particular symbol as default values - sometimes it resets them - in case of failure. :( I did that once.

If you can guess or not - it depends on the trader. :) I prefer a well-tracked statistical advantage. Of course, the market volatility parameters can "float", but they do not do it so often. And in any case - no guesswork.

Why measure them manually when you can calculate them programmatically in the code?

And when something fails, it can reset - the probability is very low - we won't trade manually because of this.

jelizavettka:

Why measure them manually when you can then calculate them programmatically in code?

You cannot calculate them - firstly, there is quite a big amount of work (i.e. it makes no sense to insert them into the Expert Advisor); secondly, the results must be evaluated by a human - the charts often have amazing artifacts that are unique for a particular symbol - you cannot always spot them with your eyes - i.e. you really need someone with intelligence to evaluate them.

Files:
7pljyzwu.zip  8 kb

Mathemat: P.S. Post stats, say, every 100 trades, don't be partial.

Mathemat:

Would, for example, once a week do?

valenok2003: А, например, раз в неделю пойдёт?

Once a week is too often. The previous state was dated February 2, there were 25 deals. Only 6 deals were added.

Once again: every 100 trades. There's no statistical significance from 3 dozen trades anyway, you're just filling up the thread with rubbish.

Every time I see the title of the topic "What keeps an EA from making money" I get the urge to say the word Forex.
And now I'm tempted...
Reason: