[Archive!] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 6: August 2011) - page 90

What is hindsight 8 ?

sezon:
What is hindsight 8 ?
This is the number of bars of the last trend, in the HistoryBarsCount indicator defaults to 30 instead of the number 30 you set 8

yosuf:
On H4, if you set hindsight to 8 (last trend), you can use the indicator to estimate the likely price movement for the near future.
The MA is able to show (no less likely) the direction of price movement in the near future.

Apart from EURUSD, something else could be used to play off the US news.

I'm looking at CADUSD, it's formed... TA-TA-TA-TA-TUM...

A SIXTH TOP

Breaking through .9765 is a confirmation of all six peaks... ))))

no break down - then it's such a long flag

yosuf:
On H4, if we set the retrospective 8 (last trend), we can use the indicator to estimate the probable price movement in the near future.

If you apply ANY indicator with memory (trend indicator), or even just look at closing prices, on the formed, clearly ascending, trend, on only EIGHT bars, the conclusion about the probable price movement will be unambiguous.

Here is a picture with your indicator, to make it clear that on these last bars you just cannot make a mistake about the trend direction (note also that trading started at different time this morning, the bars of the beginning of the day will be different in different brokerage companies)

strangerr:

From the MT ticks.

And what's happening on the chif, not fixed, not loaded -- some incomprehensible spike in volume...

hello all!

while I was napping, and on the beach, there's a lot going on here)))) beautiful hep...

sold down 30 ppts.

megapey:

Apart from EURUSD, something else could be used to play off the US news.

I'm looking at CADUSD, it's formed... TA-TA-TA-TA-TUM...

A SIXTH TOP

A break of .6965 is a confirmation of all six peaks... ))))

no break down - then it's such a long flag

Look at the month first...

rigc:

hello all!

while I was napping, and on the beach, there's a lot going on here)))) beautiful hep...

sold down 30 ppts.

How's the weather?
Is the sea calm or is it the same as here? (up and down)

andreika:
how is the weather?
the sea is calm or the same as here. (up and down)

the sea is super, steamy milk - 30 degrees))))

the spit covers the beach with all the waves.... so if there is no storm it's always calm on the beach...

Reason: