The absurdity of a stop loss - page 19

In accessible form, the definition of "trading without SL" is getting on the "wrong" trolleybus by mistake and not getting off at the next stop, but driving to the terminus, realising that you are going the "wrong way" but secretly hoping for a hitch.

The mathematical expectation of "just" using a static stop loss = -spread/2, the same applies to take profit. This must be taken into account to determine whether it is appropriate to use them.

lasso:

I see. When paukas sells, you buy. And vice versa... Hmm, something to think about... )

Only then I guess you have to write: " .... that's how we trade."

Seriously, I don't understand why a person would use the plural to describe his actions?

Maybe trying to subconsciously give weight to his actions(bullshit trading)?

Out of malicious motives, unequivocally.

ratnasambhava:

The mathematical expectation of "just" using a static stop loss = -spread/2, the same applies to take profit. This must be taken into account to determine whether it is appropriate to use them.

Are you saying that using a stop loss reduces the system's MO by half a spread compared to without it? And the TP too?

Mischek:
The hell with me, I'm a complete man. The main thing is that you do well.
You're giving lessons in stamina? I really miss it... :)

RekkeR:

In accessible form, the definition of "trading without SL" is getting on the "wrong" trolleybus by mistake and not getting off at the next stop, but driving to the terminus, realising that you are going the "wrong way" but secretly hoping for a hitch.

In my opinion, it is up to the TS to work out the SL and TP.

TheXpert:

Are you saying that using a stop loss reduces the MO of the system by half a spread compared to without it? And the TP as well?

Yes, half the spread is wasted on "mechanical" take and stops, as we pay 1/2 the spread for any position change.

ratnasambhava:
Yes, half of the spread is wasted on "mechanical" takes and stops.
How so? And what are "mechanical"?

at the sports lotto

TheXpert:
How? And what is "mechanical"?
see for example here and here

ratnasambhava:
see here and here

Looked it up. From there it's this:

ratnasambhava:

The mathematical expectation of "just" using a static stop loss = -spread/2, the same applies to take profit.

There's no way to follow it at all.

MO of using SL == MO of using TP == ~0.

Using TA, it is possible to increase the MO of the system without it.

Reason: