[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 89

smartemiy:

Can you draw flowcharts? If you want to learn programming, and it does not matter what language it is: MQL, C++, Pascal, learn how to draw flowcharts. It helps you a lot and it develops you! :)))

You have a lot of confusion with curly brackets ("{", "}")...

MaxZ:

Can you draw flowcharts? If you want to learn programming, and it does not matter what language it is: MQL, C++, Pascal, learn how to draw flowcharts. It helps you a lot and it develops you! :)))

You have a lot of confusion with curly brackets ("{", "}")...

Thanks a lot!

Hi, could you tell me if it is possible to rank the combinations of Japanese candlesticks, e.g. this one is the strongest among bearish combinations, then this one and so on and so on for bullish combinations?

Good afternoon.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong, I want the value of the Saport line to be sent to the buffer:

int limit;
int counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();
//---- last counted bar will be recounted
if(counted_bars>0) counted_bars-;
limit=Bars-counted_bars;
//---- main loop
for(int i=0; i<limit; i++)
{
TrBufferDn[i]=ObjectGetValueByShift("Saport",i);
}

Thanks to all (Roman, Max and splxgf) who shared their thoughts on my question aboutthe"Type conversion".... In principle much is clear, but still I did not understand the criterion by which I should determine WHAT type of variable I should choose? What or what condition should influence my choice?

double A = 2.0;                      // Количество карандашей у Васи
   int    Y = 3;                        // Количество ответов Пети
   int    F = A + Y;                    // Общее количество
   double A = 2.0;                   // Количество карандашей у Васи
   int    Y = 3;                     // Количество ответов Пети
   double F = A + Y;                 // Общее количество

For example, as they say before the examples: "Back to Problem 4. Two solutions are possible.".... i.e. it turns out that both options are acceptable? ...both of integer type and of valid type?

But WHAT is decisive for me when I am faced with such a dilemma? .....

If you can answer by applying some examples from life.... so to speak :-)

Thanks in advance for your answers.

vovan-gogan:

Would you say that's a good result for a 7 year robot? I just don't know yet what EAs are capable of, that's why I'm very interested in it.

It has already been said 100,000 times that the strategy tester is an illusion! You set a demo for a dozen currency pairs and you will get a good result, if 30-50% a month shows a stable total.

My Expert Advisor showed 300 balance increases 1.5 years ago on the Strategy Tester in one month. On demo and microreal, I wasn't getting more than 100% per month on some currency pairs.

If you are going to test it on the tester, you will be wasting your time and effort!

Given that I asked the question over the weekend and it's long gone down the toilet, I'll ask again:

Greetings to the old timers!

The other day I´ve got error 138 (requotes) for the first time from my dealer on EURUSD, MT4 build 402, and position was not opened, although slippage was 1000. According to dealer's logs, price went only 30 pips in the better direction.

Therefore, the question is whether I have to dealers error or terminal error or my own stupidity in writing the Expert Advisor. It is clear that errors should be handled, but I naively thought that slippage=1000 would save me from requotes and a position would be opened at any price

P.S.: 79 page branch ...

How do I extract the price of a formed fractal from the iFractals indicator?

vilard:
How do I extract the price of a formed fractal from the iFractals indicator?
Here

DhP:
Here

Thank you
Reason: