[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 474

Ivn:

Hello, could you please send me a link on how to write an EA on different timeframes.\

Sincerely.

I could be wrong of course, but I don't think you can write EAs on timeframes.

Good afternoon! Happy New Year to all!!!

Tell me please, when testing, when the results are dark, and tested a lot of parameters, say 8, how best to determine from which parameters is the most dependent? In addition, if you look at the best results on the chart, it is not so convenient to watch the drawdown in the list, and this is also important?

sss2019:

I could be wrong of course, but I don't think EAs are written on timeframes.

If necessary, you can always hardcode the working timeframe

-Aleksey-:
Thank you for your answer. What was the principle behind it? So far it's just been sewn into the dll...

You can always do multiplication by 10 to the power

sss2019:

One more question about volumes.

The selected order volume is 0.8, so if we divide it by 15, it will be 0.05333. In this case we need to normalize it to three digits to open a new order with this volume or it will normalize itself? The minimum lot at the brokerage company is 0.01

Of course, we should always normalize the results of division to avoid unnecessary mistakes. What about the time frame?

dkfl.zrjdktdbx:

Of course, you'd better always normalize the results of division to save yourself from unnecessary errors. What about timeframe?

What timeframe? I have this maybe not a good question at all, but still. What is the maximum number of characters the magic number of the order can have? When sending an order, we should specify a unique magic number, so how many symbols can be shown in it?

And if I have two BUYLIMIT and BUYSTOP open orders, I need to remove BUYSTOP when BUYLIMIT triggers and vice versa. How can you fulfill this condition?

dkfl.zrjdktdbx:

Good afternoon! Happy New Year to all!!!

Tell me please, when testing, when the results are dark, and tested a lot of parameters, say 8, how best to determine from which parameters is the most dependent? Also, if we look at the best results on the chart, it is not so convenient to watch the drawdown in the list, and this is also important?

1. Just in case - read all the information on my links from post 7 of this page.

2. Have a look at the trailer of the walkthrough for your question. The second file is my example of working with the optimizer of strategies and dependence, at the moment on the chart - stop and profit values of TS, obtained as a result of optimization from the Recovery Factor. I am using it recently myself - I'm still working it out myself, so all questions to its authors. Look at their website through the page.

3. All, IMHO.

Files:
3d1v8.zip  530 kb

sss2019:

1. What is the maximum number of characters a magic number can have? When sending an order, a unique magic number is required, so how many characters can it contain?

And if two BUYLIMIT and BUYSTOP orders are open, I need BUYSTOP to be removed if BUYLIMIT has triggered, and vice versa. Please, how can you fulfill this condition?

1. beat 1 to 8 - you can't go wrong! :-)

2. Check the number of market orders. As soon as they increase by 1 you remove either BUYLIMIT or BUYSTOP and that is it. 1 increase in the market order indicates triggering of either BUYLIMIT or BUYSTOP.

Thank you!!!

Vinin:

You can always hardwire the working timeframe if necessary

Please explain
Reason: