[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 363

Zhunko:

Anything can be written in C++ with no restrictions. All calculations will be in a DLL. From there you import your functions into MQL. Calculations are 20 times faster. Debugging capabilities are a hundred times friendlier.

It is better not to be locked into MT. You should write your own terminal and program it in C++.

Do you write your own terminal? And how will it compare favourably with MT?

Zhunko:

Anything can be written in C++ with no restrictions. All calculations will be in a DLL. From there you import your functions into MQL. Calculations are 20 times faster. Debugging facilities are a hundred times friendlier.

It is better not to be locked into MT. You should write your own terminal and program it in C++.

It's all nice from a programmer's point of view. A trader has a different task - to trade. Maybe my reasoning is amateurish, but I can logically understand that mathematical operations in mql are slower. But what to use (more exactly, as I understand it, it cannot be used) in C++, for example, iAlligator() function I need to write this indicator in C++ for further use?

nadya:
And you write your own terminal? And how will it compare favourably to MT?

It will be distinguished by the developers' lack of indifference to my needs.

FelixFX:

It's all pretty from a programmer's point of view. A trader has a different task - to trade. Maybe my reasoning is amateurish, but I can logically understand that mathematical operations in mql are slower. But what to use (more exactly, as I understand it, it cannot be used) in C++, for example, iAlligator() function I need to write this indicator in C++ for further use?
Any indicator is transferable to C++ almost unchanged.

Zhunko:

This is clear, of course. But creating a terminal is a very long and time-consuming process, as far as I understand. Do you want to write it only for your needs or launch a business project (in which case the effort is justified)?

I have another question, but on a different topic. When I somehow request the price of a fractal, does it come to me via Bib or Ask?

Zhunko:

Any indicator is portable to C++ almost unchanged.

It's hard to imagine all this without knowledge of the language. Can we have a look at the code of any indicator written in C++?

nadya:
It's clear, of course. But creating a terminal is a very long and laborious process, as far as I understand. Do you want to write it only for your needs or to launch a business project (in which case the effort is justified)?

Long, of course, but at each stage there is a product you can use. Such a project is written only for yourself or a small circle. Hardly anyone else needs such functionality.

The main thing is freedom from restrictions imposed by developers. You can use any tick provider you want, you can trade wherever you want, you can do any processing as you want. Convenient, friendly debugging.

nadya:
I have one more question, but on another topic. When I ask for fractal price, does it come to me via Bib or Ask?
Prices by BID.

FelixFX:

It's hard to imagine all this without knowing the language. Can I have a look at some indicator code written in C++?
It is the same as in MQL4. You can write a shorter code. But for that you have to write your own class library, so that the code of any indicator would fit in 5 lines.

But I don't understand why we need standard indicators? I don't use them.

Zhunko:

Long, of course, but at each stage there is a product you can use. Such a project is written only for yourself or a small circle. Hardly anyone else needs such functionality.

The main thing is freedom from the restrictions imposed by developers. You can use any tick provider you want, you can trade wherever you want, you can do any processing as you want. Convenient and friendly debugging.

That your idea is feasible - I quite agree. But you have to be a great patriot to put so much effort into a project. We all have different priorities, of course, but there is so much in life to spend your precious time on. (Programmers have always been famous for their peculiar attitude to life)

Zhunko:

The main thing is freedom from restrictions imposed by developers. You can use any tick provider you want, you can trade wherever you want, you can do any processing as you want. Easy to use, user-friendly debugging.

It is the same as in MQL4. You could write a shorter code. But you have to write your own class library for it, so that the code of any indicator would fit in 5 lines.

But I don't understand why we need standard indicators? I don't use them.

I do not use any indicators for trading yet. I think it is better to start testing with classic ones, as 99% of "invented" ones are based on the classics anyway.

C++ and mql code is the same?

nadya:
That your idea is feasible - I quite agree. But you have to be a great patriot to put so much effort into a project. We all have different priorities, of course, but there are so many things in life to spend your precious time on. (Programmers have always been famous for their peculiar attitude to life)

I'm not a programmer. I've just been getting into it for the last six years. It's a sport. I have to win.

FelixFX:

I don't use any indicators for trading yet. I think it's better to start testing with classic ones, anyway 99% of "invented" ones are based on classics.

Are C++ and mql codes the same?

So you are at the beginning of your journey. In about three years, if you are patient enough, you will realize that you have to create your own thing. It does not look like anything else.

MQL4 is very similar to C. C++ is a totally different language. With infinite possibilities.

Reason: