[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 369

nemo811:

For some reason, adding dy and zx gives a number 0.3 (in my particular test of the current market situation) when compared to this number does not equal it. That is, I add dy+zx and get 0.3. I compare dy+zx with 0.3 - they are not equal.

Comparing dy and zx with numbers they return - equals work as they should.

Riddle.

Please help.

NormalizeDouble()

Reshetov:
NormalizeDouble()

Yes, you were right - the function worked correctly. But, of course, this is a hassle - the requirement to match the digits of the values being compared. Two numbers are both equal and not equal at the same time.

Thank you.

Hello. I'm writing an indicator, or rather trying to :). I have a question. How to determine if the penultimate candle was a "eskimo" or a "cross". Let's say if (Eskimo or CROSS)

pipkin.artem:
Hello. I'm writing an indicator, or rather trying to :). I have a question. How to determine if the penultimate candle was a "eskimo" or a "cross". Suppose if (eskimo or cross).

Please give a definition of the terms "Eskimo Candle" and "Cross Candle", it is not clear what the question is about. I am guessing that it is not just a candle, but a candle combination. But that's just a guess.

Probably still single candles. Eskimo is probably a high and opener\clous equal, the cross is probably a tight opener with a clowes and big shad.

splxgf:

Probably still single candles. Eskimo is probably a high and opener\clous equal, the cross is probably a tight opener with a clowes and big shad.

Yo porsan urdulyu lum. That's me talking about a tait opener with coos and big shade. Hiba chi sho!

ramirez17:

Hello, comrades!

Faced an unexpected problem.

The day before yesterday the tester was working as it should. Since yesterday evening, any version of the strategy in the tester opens one trade and after a second, or a few minutes/hours of history, the tester stops working. No errors, nothing.

Anybody have a problem with it? Please advise

Take a look at the tester's log. You will probably see a Zero Divide entry. If so, look for division by zero in the code and you will be happy.

drknn:

Please define the terms "Eskimo Candle" and "Cross Candle", it's not clear what the question is about. I'm guessing that it's not just a candle, but a candle combination. But that's just a guess.

No - it is just a candle - ESCIMO or CROSS - what's not clear? :-)

pipkin.artem:
Hello. I am writing an indicator, I am trying :). I have a question. I want to know if the penultimate candle was a "eskimo" or a "cross". Suppose if (Eskimo or CROSS)

Use OHLC candlestick + "tolerance", for example, if the opening price of the candlestick = closing price + Delta (2-5 real points (on the four digits)) - then it is a CREST.

It is necessary to use tolerances because there are very rare cases when the opening and closing prices are equal to a point, there are always minor differences, the value of which in pips does not prevent you from treating the candle, say, exactly as a CREST. ESCHIMO - by analogy, write its conditions through OHLC + tolerances...

If you will have many interpretations of candlestick - "Hanger", "Tombstone", "Doji", "Shooting Star", etc., then for each of them it is better to make a boolean-type f-function, and then when you call it, to perform those or other operations - see an example of Boolean lot calculation f-function in the tutorial here - you will have everything analogous... You also call it by analogy to the tutorial - see the first function onthis page.

The call from exp will be if (ESKIMO) {actions}

pipkin.artem:
Hello. I am working on an indicator, I mean I am trying to do it :). I have a question. How to determine that the penultimate candle was a "eskimo" or "cross". Suppose if (Eskimo or CROSS).

Additionally:

See page. 47 Fortrader magazine #10 May 2009. "Developing your own trading patterns" - description of the TS on candlestick analysis.

See the trailer for the article.

Files:
Reason: