Debugging the DLL? In MT4 and MT5 - page 15

simpleton:

At the moment there is one point in the rules for which a ban is declared, so the number of the point does not need to be clarified. But this point is vague and lists several possible reasons:

6. Repeated violation of the rules, ignoring the comments of the moderator, and even more - open disrespect for the Administration of an Internet resource, shall lead to the blocking of the account ("ban").

Question: what exactly was the reason in this case (I'm not asking in defense of the banned, but I'm asking as it is)?

About this - For repeatedly ignoring moderator's comments, openly disrespecting administration of the resource....

As for the disrespect you know, but about the remarks, so here's an example:

Renat:

Academic and Prival get a warning for trolling.

The next time will be a ban for some time.

Interesting:

Hello!

Excuse me, could you explain more simply what this is all about, I'd also like to be kept up to date in case it comes in handy?

For example, what does it mean: "...possibility to debug in DLL..." or "-Give debugging to DLL..." is the same thing or different things?

gisip:

Hello!

Excuse me, but could you explain more simply what this is all about, because I want to be aware of it too, in case it comes in handy?

For example, what does it mean: "...possibility to debug in DLL..." or "-Give debug to DLL..." is the same thing or different things?

I think it was meant to be able to debug MQL-programs with DLL's attached using MetaEditor's built-in debugger. For security reasons, the Developers do not allow this.

sergey1294:
I think they meant the possibility to debug MQL programs with an attached DLL using MetaEditor's built-in debugger. For security reasons the Developers don't allow this.

Then how do you understand the expression?

Renat 2010.07.20 14:05 2010.07.20 14:05:07

"We've already once conceded to traders asking "let us debug in a DLL" and immediately got an EX4 decompiler."

After all, MT4 didn't have a built-in debugger at all.

P.S. You just don't want to waste your time and then it will turn out to be closed for security reasons.

gisip:

Then how do you understand the expression?

"We've already once conceded to traders asking "let us debug in a DLL" and immediately got an EX4 decompiler."

P.S. You just don't want to waste your time and then it will turn out to be closed for security reasons.

What is there to waste time on? There is no need to write code in DLL, the speed of language is increased. except for cases when you need to access other software modules from MQL

sergey1294:
What to spend time on? There is no need to write code in DLL now, the speed of language is increased. except for those cases, when it's necessary to address other software modules from MQL

I'm sorry, I guess I'm not articulating it well.

Is there another explanation other than: ...debugging MQL programs with DLLs attached by MetaEditor's built-in debugger?

gisip:

Hello!

Excuse me, but could you explain more simply what this is all about, because I too would like to be aware of it in case it comes in handy?

For example, what does it mean: "...possibility to debug in DLL..." or "-Give debugging to DLL..." is the same thing or different things?

sergey1294:
I think we were talking about the possibility to debug MQL-programs with DLLs attached using MetaEditor's built-in debugger. For security reasons the Developers don't allow it.
gisip:

How do you understand the expression then?

"We've already conceded once to traders asking "let us debug in DLL" and immediately got EX4 decompiler."

P.S. I just don't want to waste my time and then find out that it's closed for security reasons.

MT5 has its own debugger, with which you can debug scripts, indicators and Expert Advisors. At least experts can be debugged on weekdays.

We were talking in those posts about the possibility of debugging DLL. Renat noticed that in MT4 (where they didn't have their own debugger) developers made concessions and allowed using external tools for debugging. This eventually led to the creation of ex4 decompilers.

In MT5 the developers took this experience into account and only the built-in debugger can be used, which doesn't allow you to debug a DLL.

Interesting:

The MT5 has its own debugger which can be used to debug scripts, indicators and experts. At least EAs can be debugged on weekdays.

We were talking in those posts about the possibility of debugging DLL. Renat noticed that in MT4 (where they didn't have their own debugger) developers made concessions and allowed using external tools for debugging. This eventually led to the creation of ex4 decompilers.

In MT5 developers took this experience into account and only built-in debugger can be used, which doesn't allow to debug DLL.

Thank you!

Some things seem to be clear now, but could you explain a bit more in detail how it all worked in the first place?

What DLLs are those that cannot be debugged by either the built-in or external debugger?

gisip:

Thanks!

Some things seem to make sense now, but could you explain a bit more about how it all worked in general?

What DLLs are those that you cannot debug with external or internal debugger?

I guess we are talking about dlls written by user (in C++, delphi, etc.) from which functions are imported to MQL5-program...

Although I haven't tried debugging with external debugger myself yet (it worked anyway :) )...

For example MVS has "connect to process" button, may be it was debugged that way when they did it in MT4.

mrProF:
Well, maybe they are talking about dlls written by user (in C++, delphi, etc.) from which functions are imported to MQL5 program...

Although I haven't tried debugging with external debugger myself yet (it worked fine :) )...

For example MVS has "connect to process" button, i guess that's how it worked when i debugged it in MT4.

gisip:

Thank you!

I think some things make sense now, but could you explain a bit more about how it all worked in general?

What kind of DLL we talking about that you can't debug with external or internal debugger?

It is possible to debug externally, why not. But not from the terminal. You have to write your own software which will use this DLL (as far as I understand) ....
Reason: