[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 247

FxRoller:
Good evening. I made a simple script whose task is to draw a fibover on the chart, change the value of the second level and assign a new description to this level. The fan is created, but the level value does not change and a new description is not assigned. I think I am doing everything correctly (there are only three lines in the script), but it just won't work. Please advise if anyone has encountered something similar.

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                                   2_newlevel.mq4 |
#property show_inputs
extern color  FIBOColor=Gray;//цвет Фибо 

int init(){ObjectDelete("MyFibo");return(0);}
//| script program start function                                    |
int start()
{ObjectCreate("MyFibo",OBJ_FIBOFAN,0,Time[50],High[50],Time[5],High[5]);
  ObjectSet("MyFibo",OBJPROP_LEVELCOLOR,FIBOColor);
  ObjectSet("MyFibo",OBJPROP_FIBOLEVELS,4);
  ObjectSet("MyFibo",OBJPROP_FIRSTLEVEL+0,2.0);ObjectSetFiboDescription("MyFibo",0,"200.0");
  ObjectSet("MyFibo",OBJPROP_FIRSTLEVEL+1,1.5);ObjectSetFiboDescription("MyFibo",1,"150");
  ObjectSet("MyFibo",OBJPROP_FIRSTLEVEL+2,1.25);ObjectSetFiboDescription("MyFibo",2,"NewLevel = 125");
  ObjectSet("MyFibo",OBJPROP_FIRSTLEVEL+3,0.5);ObjectSetFiboDescription("MyFibo",3,"50.0");
return(0);}

Dear experts, please help.
Why are the optimization and test results different?
For example, the optimization shows that the EA has the same result with these and such parameters, but the test with the same parameters shows completely different results.
The optimization and the test have been performed using the same timeframe and timeframes.
I thank you in advance for your attention.

Roll:

Thank you.

MeTrade:
Dear experts, please help.
Why are the optimization and test results different?
For example, the optimization shows that the EA has the same result with these and such parameters, but the test with the same parameters shows completely different results.
The optimization and the test have been performed using the same timeframe and timeframes.
I thank you in advance for your attention.
Have you tested on weekdays? Is the spread floating?

MaxZ:
Have you tested on weekdays? Is the spread floating?
Optimised all week, tested tonight and this morning. Is that a problem?

Roman.:
Ask your broker's technical support about the maximum depth of history provided for a particular instrument... and that's it.
Do you think I didn't do that before asking here? :) My broker only has data from 2009 onwards. So I'm trying to find information somewhere else.

DarkElf2:
Don't you think I did that before asking here? :) My broker only has data from 2009 onwards. So I'm trying to find information somewhere else.
Pure IMHO - beyond 2009 the quotes are only of historical value. Especially if they are non-native, they can be misleading at all.

granit77:
...to mislead...
With your permission Victor, I'll add... ...Yeah, including a total loss of DEP, moreover, the lower the timeframe, the (not excluded) greater the discrepancy between the quotes and the native quotes, went through it myself, including about 1000 dead coons ...:-))) even in the strategy tester (on two different terminals, with different quotes) the difference was significant, including the change of the balance chart...

Need help.
When testing on range 1999-2011, the test is only performed on 1999 and the log shows a series of OrderSend error 131. Can anyone suggest how to fix it?
4-digit broker with fixed spread, EA trades a certain % of eq.

MeTrade:
Need help.
When testing on range 1999-2011, the test is only performed on 1999 and the log shows a series of OrderSend error 131. Can anyone suggest how to fix it?
I have a 4-digit broker with a fixed spread.
ERR_INVALID_TRADE_VOLUME 131 Incorrect volume - learn this function and set volume "right" according to your account type. For example, for "Micro" accounts the start volume is usually 0.01 lot, for "Classic" accounts = 0.1 lot... Enter a constant value of 0.1 lot into the order opening function and check it out...
Reason: