[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 188

Hi Collies, how do I get the time to set the order in HH:MM format ?

first_may:
Hello. Can you suggest whether there are any Expert Advisors, which have a yield of at least 5-7% per month?

Your "at least" would be 60-84% per year! :-))), which, IMHO, I think is not a bad result at a moderate level... :-))) max drawdown (trade risks), given that the GURU write in books about GURU speculators who have, but really, EVERY year under 40% profit, which they say is the BEST results ...

I'm sure there are such advisors, even if not 5-7% per month... I don't rule out the existence of losing months, but the annual period will end up under 60-90%.

The question arose because the EA written in the tester on the data from the beginning of the year was bringing in about five per cent. I have tested it over a period of two years and the result is not satisfying. I conclude that testing of Expert Advisors is just fitting to historical data, in other words, it is self-deception. So I wanted to know if it is possible to get the desirable result using EAs?

Roman.:

Your "at least" is pulling 60-84% per year! :-))), which, IMHO, I already think is not a bad result in a moderate ... :-))) max drawdown (trade risks), given that the GURU write in books about GURU speculators who have, but the truth, EVERY year under 40% profit, which they say is the BEST results ...

I'm sure there are such advisors, even if not 5-7% per month... I don't rule out losing months, but a yearly period will end up at 60-90%.

Didn't have time to read your reply :). It turns out that Expert Advisor should be constantly refined, that is, once written and not touched, it will not work that way.

first_may:
The question arose because the EA written in the tester on the data from the beginning of the year was bringing in about five per cent. I have tested it over a period of two years and the result is not satisfying. I conclude that testing of Expert Advisors is just fitting to historical data, in other words, it is self-deception. So I want to know if you may get the desirable result using EAs?
Mine got 10% a month on an unfortunate move. "Unsuccessful" means when the Expert Advisor exits a drawdown. I have been testing it since year 2000 on all pairs, it gives 100-1000% per year. It was not optimized for charts. Now my Expert Advisor is trading on real account and has made 40% in 3 months. So apparently the answer to your question is yes.

Pyro:
Hi Collies, how do I get the order open time in HH:MM format ?

To help. Instead of Time[i] in these lines

int HH=TimeHour( Time[i]); // Hour  
    int MM=TimeMinute(Time[i]); // Minute

write OrderOpenTime()

datetime OrderOpenTime( ) 
Возвращает время открытия выбранного ордера.
Ордер должен быть предварительно выбран с помощью функции OrderSelect().  

first_may:

Didn't have time to read your reply :). It turns out that the Expert Advisor needs to be constantly improved, that is, once written and not touched, it will not work that way.

On this issue - See my links in the seventh post of this forum page.

Roman.:

To help. Instead of Time[i] in these lines

write OrderOpenTime()

Merci!!!

Hi all!

I'm just starting to take my first steps in programming. I am practicing with simple examples. But I want to understand better syntax and want to write something more interesting: for example, to create an indicator of maximum and minimum for a period, fractal... I would be very grateful if someone could share the sources...

first_may:
Good afternoon. Can you tell me if there are any advisors that have a yield of at least 5-7% per month?

In 5 years I haven't seen any. Or have I seen any, but they have large drawdowns.
Reason: