[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 139

ilunga:

So, we have 1 order. Let us set it at 20, now the price is 10 and the step is 9

1. cycle through all orders

2. order has been selected

3, 4,5 - property check

6 - if the price has gone away (and it has), then

7. the order

the orders now became 2. The tick came but the first order was at the level of 20, now the price is 9.5 and the step is 9.

So again 1-7 and another order

and so on until the deposit is blue in the face.

That's what I mean! What should I do? How do I set this flag correctly?

ilunga:

So, we have 1 order. Let's say it is set at 20, the current price is 10 and the step is 9

1. cycle through all the orders

3, 4, 5 - property check

If the price has left (and it has), then

7. place the order

the orders now became 2. The tick came but the first order was at the level of 20, now the price is 9.5 and the step is 9.

So again 1-7 and one more order

and so on till the deposit is blue in the face.

The baton is passed... :)) I've written here once about block diagrams. Maybe I should really make novice programmers draw them. We were not allowed to defend labs without flowchart. I'll just say thanks to my teachers. It really develops logic and helps you understand how it all works!

Falmera:
ilunga:

So, we have 1 order. Let us assume it is placed at the level of 20, the current price is 10 and the step is 9

1. cycle through all the orders

3, 4, 5 - property check

If the price has left (and it has), then

7. place the order

So again 1-7 and one more order

and so on till the end of the day

That's what I mean! What do I do? How do I set this flag correctly?
You have extracted the wrong information from this post. Read carefully what is written after the number "7".

Falmera:
That's what I mean! What should I do? How do I set this flag correctly?
When you have placed an order and you do not want to place more orders?

MaxZ:
The baton has been passed... :)) I wrote about flowcharts once. Maybe really make novice programmers draw them. We were not allowed to defend labs without flow-chart. I'll just say thanks to my teachers. It really develops logic and helps you understand how it all works!

never liked flowcharts, especially when trying to get students to draw them in seminars =)

But this is an aside

MaxZ:
The baton has been passed... :)) I wrote about flowcharts once. Maybe really make novice programmers draw them. We were not allowed to defend labs without block diagrams. I'll just say thanks to my teachers. It really develops logic and helps you understand how it all works!

Tell me where to put the flag )))) I'm constantly struggling with these orders.

Falmera:

Please tell me where to put the flag )))) I'm always struggling with these orders.

What do you do NOT need? To place an order... So before you place it you have to check that the order has not already been placed.

in Russian:

If (there are conditions for placing a second order)

{

if (it has not already been set)

{

set up

put the flag in: (it has not been set yet - not true)

}

}

Falmera:

Tell me where to put the flag )))) I'm constantly struggling with these orders.

It's not about the flag. It's about logic. It's your lack of understanding of what you've written and what you want from it. Sort it out... Think about every line of what you've written before. You can do it! You're not the first or the last! :DD

ilunga:
MaxZ:
The baton has been passed... :)) I wrote here once about block diagrams. Maybe really make novice programmers draw them. We were not allowed to defend labs without flowchart. I'll just say thanks to my teachers. It really develops logic and helps you understand how it all works!

never liked flowcharts, especially when trying to get students to draw them somehow in seminars =)

But that's a digression from the topic.

Matching posts and no offtops! :)))

We don't have Students here, but People who want to really learn how to program. It will be easier to force them. And it develops well.

Who among the professionals here cannot draw flowcharts? Yes, I think nobody! :D

It's like underlining the subject, the predicate, the adjective, etc., in Russian! :)))))

Подскажите пожалуйста, как запрограмировать советник, который бы открывался по сигналам индикатора из списка нестандартных (Volatility.Pivot.mq4)?

MaxZ:
It's not about the flag. It's about logic. It's your lack of understanding of what you've written and what you want from it. Sort it out... Think about every line of what you've written before. You can do it! You're not the first or the last! :DD
Nah, still, where do I poke the flag?

DhP:
MaxZ:
It's not about the flag. It's about logic. It's your lack of understanding of what you have written and what you want from it. Figure it out... Think about every line of what you wrote before. You can do it! You are not the first or the last! :DD
Nah, and yet, Where should the Flag be poked?
I think we should bind not to orders, but to price levels (write the opening price of the last order in a variable). And then the flags would be easier to deal with.
Reason: