[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 484

Hi all,

Can anyone advise how to save indicator data to a file.

Thanks in advance

sengluk:

Hi all,

Can anyone advise how to save indicator data to a file.

Thanks in advance

https://docs.mql4.com/ru/files

Roman.:

There and there (in the systems on the computer) from which I work - in one works pause in the other - not in the same client terminal.

I get out of this situation: decrease speed of the test in visualization mode to min, then press and hold F12 - like a test by steps (candlesticks)...

I need a normal pause in the strategy tester on the computer system I work from!

I don't know what computer system you have, but the pause in the tester is done easily, you only need to loop the Expert Advisor.

connect user32.dll and at the very beginning of start type in the following line :

while(GetAsyncKeyState(16)){Sleep(500);}

Now, when you press the shifter button, your owls will hang until you release them, and the tester will pause accordingly.

You can make it work via a static flag:

static bool prePause=false;
   while(prePause){
      if(GetAsyncKeyState(18)){prePause=false;}
      Sleep(500);
   }
   if(GetAsyncKeyState(17)){prePause=true;}

Now when you press control the exp will slow down, and when you press alt it will start again

And don't forget to attach the import at the beginning

#import "user32.dll"
bool GetAsyncKeyState(int nVirtKey);
#import

Is there a tick emulator that can be used to write and edit EAs on weekends? You can't do it without ticks, can you?

sss2019:
Is there any tick emulation software that can be used to write and edit EAs on weekends? You can't do it without ticks, can you?
Sure, it's called "Strategy Tester".

No, the tester is the last thing on earth, all sorts of errors appear in it because the quotes are slipping for a few months at a time.

sss2019:
No, the tester is the last thing on earth, all sorts of errors appear in it because the quotes are slipping for a few months at a time.
So get rid of the holes in the history

sss2019:

Upload your own quotes to it.

I can't sleep until I find out, but that's what interests me most right now.

The documentation for one of the functions (guess which one) says

SELECT_BY_POS - the index parameter passes the index number of the position in the list

So, are the positions in the list numbered starting from 0 or 1?

sss2019:

I can't sleep until I find out, but that's what interests me most right now.

The documentation for one of the functions (guess which one) says

SELECT_BY_POS - the index parameter passes the index number of the position in the list

So, are the positions in the list numbered starting from 0 or 1?

From scratch
Reason: