[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 132

Roll:

It is not a misconception, but a point of view (decision) that is not unreasonable -->https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/105271
I don't understand your example. I would like to point out that my EA does fine with partial position closures and without complex and cumbersome arrays.

Roman.:

wrong price for OrderSend() - opening an order.

1. Calculate the price correctly.

2. When placing orders - do not forget to use

3. In addition, check these parameters to make sure they are necessary and sufficient when (before) placing a certain type of order.

thanks a lot for the reply!

very helpful)

good luck trading!!!

I am currently dealing with the work of an EA. In the start() function I have encountered the following construction several times:

int start()

{

if(condition) return(0);

if(another condition) return(-1);

return(0);

}

I understand that this is done to exit the start() function ahead of time if the corresponding conditions are met. But I don't quite understand why the result return(0) differs from return(-1). Please, tell me, who knows

Elenn:

I am currently dealing with the work of an EA. In the start() function I have encountered the following construction several times:

int start()

{

if(condition) return(0);

return(0);

}

I understand that this is done to exit the start() function ahead of time if the corresponding conditions are met. But I don't quite understand why the result return(0) differs from return(-1). Please, tell me, who knows

No different

Vinin:

It's no different.

Thank you.

Elenn:

int start()

{

if(condition) return(0);

return(0);

}

This is for a non-systemic function call. Then it returns.

Zhunko:
This is for a non-systemic function call. Then it returns.

What is a non-system function call? Can you elaborate on that?

Can you please tell me why the graph of the tester report is not "packed" in a zip file? Maybe I'm not "packing" in the right way? For example https://forum.mql4.com/ru/42509/page199

Elenn:

What is a haphazard function call? Can you elaborate on this?
In a free translation, it is a system call when this function of the EA is launched by the terminal during its initialization. But if this function is called from the EA itself, then it will be a non-system call.

Elenn:

What is a haphazard function call? Can you elaborate on that?
int init() // Здесь вызывается системно.
 {
  return(123);
 {

int start() // Здесь вызывается системно.
 {
  return(init()); // Здесь init() вызывается несистемно.
 }
Reason: