Is this the Grail? - page 3

Fullness:

The analysis is based on daily candlestick patterns.

Great! So why are you testing on D1 and not on M1, have you been banned from calling iHigh(),ilow()... ?

hmm... let me get this straight, have you read the article https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1490?

And on top of that

Tantrik:

That's the thing - no, but maybe invest the profits in half!

That's a very valuable suggestion)))

Fullness:

10% of the current balance at the beginning of each day. This is the main prerequisite to ensure that the advisor does not drain.

I wonder what the candlestick patterns are) After all, you might as well just randomly enter)

Fullness:

I'm on it now, I'll post it later.

OK. But you understand that no one will tell you much, because it is difficult to say anything from illusory "candlestick patterns". Ideally, I want to test it personally, but it is clear that you will not put out the code. But otherwise... I don't even know what to say.

OnGoing:
It's strange what candlestick patterns are like) You might as well randomly enter).

From a random entry before a 30% profit is generated, a loss of 30% may occur, or more? That's the downside...

Fullness:

It's that simple! Here I would like to hear the harshest and most constructive criticism. Maybe it is an illusion?

To dispel any illusions, first do a test on the minutes, m1.

Sometimes there are dramatic transformations.

paukas:

To dispel illusions, first do a test on the minutes, m1.

Sometimes there are dramatic transformations.

You're right. The test on the minutes shows a completely different picture. Although, I still do not quite understand what it is all about. Why has the EA started to think differently?

After all, decisions are made based on the size and position of the daily candles...

Thanks for the constructive hint.

paukas:

To dispel illusions, do a test on the minutes first, m1.

Sometimes there are striking transformations.

Vladimir (or who knows), could you clarify the situation, if the owl explicitly specifies the working TF, for example, H4 together with D1, using iHigh() or iCustom(), in which the operation on H4 or D1 is explicitly specified, while the owl is working with a new bar opening control. Are there any "significant" :-)) differences when testing this owl using the model: "By opening prices..." where is specified in the testing period: H4 or M1?

After all, as I understood, the data for Day or H4 are taken from the previously downloaded history of minutes (M1) ...

Test 2003-2011 GBPUSD Day

Fullness:

You're right. The minutes test shows a completely different picture. Although, I still do not quite understand what it is all about. Why does the Expert Advisor think differently?

It makes decisions based on size and position of the daily candles.

Thanks for the constructive tip.

The test on the daily period makes no difference on any TF. I still have to find out why there are errors in the tests even on TF D1 after using M1. Although in real time on the demo everything works as it should.
Reason: